F'ing Lackawanna Police!

So I’m driving to my buddy’s place to get my cd player installed (after my car got broken into and had it stolen last week, they ripped my harness apart and I don’t have a multi-meter).

Turned right onto South Park (to go southbound) from Ridge rd. get pulled over. Can’t turn right on red. I’m not familiar with that area, and didnt see a sign (it was pouring rain and it was nighttime) but that’s that

so then he tells me my tint is illegal (on the BACK WINDOWS)! asks me to roll down the window. I tell him I can’t roll down the back window. (It’s a 2 door car lol). so he gets out these two light meters, puts one on each side. Tells me my tint is illegal

I say “I was under the impression that only the front couldn’t have tint” he snaps at me “You got the wrong impression.”

soo then they run my license and the car, obv comes back clean. but they notice i still have a temporary inspection sticker (just bought the car 5 weeks ago. fuel pump went soon as i bought it, took me 2 weeks to get the $200 for a new one. put it in, then my car got robbed. didn’t have a window for a week while J&J junkyard dicks me around on that. Get the window from another shop yesterday and put it in. then had school all day today).

So they ask why the car hasn’t been inspected. i tell them. they dont care. tell me to get out of my car. search me. TELL ME THEY’RE HAVING THE CAR TOWED!!! !!!

I say “i’m a student, come on. i live paycheck to paycheck” the guy snaps back “SO DO I” and they have it towed and leave me standing on the corner of south park and whatever street it was in the rain, at night.

i dont have any money, let alone money to pay for;

1. the tow
  2. the right on red ticket
  3. the tint ticket (which is bullshit anyway, they tested my fucking back windows)
    and
  4. the expired inspection ticket

f’ing bullshit

two words… that sucks… i remeber when i left my doctors sick as hell the one time, and told the cop when i got pulled over that im sick, and possibly have tonselitis, he says “stay away from me” and still gave me a speeding ticket, and i know for a fact that i wasnt speeding, because i was so sick, i was prolly going under the speed limit…

i don’t understand. what were their grounds for towing the car?

… and people wonder why the police get a bad rap.

Right when I read the thread title I was going to reply “what an asshole to the officer for just doing his job” speech but daamn what a fuckhead indeed. I think Im going to avoid Lackawanna like a drunken fat ugly chick. If that happened to me ther would be no way I would let him tow my car. I would of put my car in gear, pull the emergency brake, lock the doors and toss my keys in a gutter before I let them tow my car away. Theyd prob still tow it tho.

Now, I know cops don’t make a shit load of money, but that’s pathetic to hear this coming from a police officer. It does explain quite a bit about his attitude though. I wish I could offer advice but all I can say is sorry and good luck.

you can still tow it with it in gear and parking brake on i watched it happen before when some one left there car on my strret for weeks and then some one called the cops to move it. they had to flat bed it and it took about 2 hours to get it on because the wheels were cocked.

dont make a difference to them. they will do what they have to to tow it and they are not responsible for damages

woooooooow, wtf thats lame :tdown: :tdown:

i hate lapd worst pulled over experience i’ve had to date.

My uncle that passed away a few months was LAPD retired, I met a few of the guys at his funeral and none of them seemed to have that cocky attitude. Was he a younger guy?

lack is gay, i got my car towed and arrested for street racing when i was sitting at the light… explain that one. well my lawyer did and i wont the case

side back windows are also illegal to be tinted.

Actually, around here cops DO make a shitload of money.

pm me his name. I know a few of them. adn cops around here make about $60K + after 5 years.

Sweet^

the cop that pulled me over in lackawanna was nice, even though he gave me a ticket for expired inspection he was still nice about it

BUmmer man…hope they treat the car ok til u get it back.

oh I got it back the next morning. It sucks, this all happened at 5:30-6pm yesterday (wednesday) but the shop was closed so I had to wait until 8:30 this morning to get it

it was nice, they inspected it before I got there (needed nothing to pass) but I still had to pay the f’ing $85 tow fee!

car was unharmed, it only had to go about a half mile, and I was there when the truck got there to make sure it was in neutral and whatnot

That sucks, but at least you got the car inspected :tup:, gotta find some sort of good in it.