hello .

I have this amp 1200W Max Sycho Sound Mono Amp. Its rating are
400 Watts RMS at 4 Ohm
600 Watts RMS at 2 Ohm

1200 Watts Max at 2 Ohm

I got this wiring from knu koncepts klm 4 gauge amp kit with
80a agu fuse.

I have a few question

My first is what difference does the fuse make Is the fuse i have in the amp kit ok for the amp . The car is a 93 volvo 850

My second is

What ohm subs should I get for that amp . Can I use A 2 ohm amp with 2 ohm subs

I was thinking about getting the 07dcvr12 2 ohmOr the kicker s12l5 2 ohm.

Thanks for helping me.

Im a newb on car electronics. its funny i can fix a engine but electronics . There is no way i can fiqure anything out

you might get 200 watts out of that am at most. what size fuses are in the amp?

I really dont know the place i bought it from said i can return it if im not satisfied

Insanity Amp Specs

Class D, Complementary MOSFET Mono Bass Amplifier
400 Watts RMS at 4 Ohm / 600Watts RMS at 2 Ohm
1200 Watts Max at 2 Ohm / 90db signal to noise ratio
.20% THD / 1 Ohm Stable
10 Hz - 160Hz Frequency Response
L & R Variable gain RCA Inputs
12/24 per Octave low Pass Switchable Crossover
250mv - 5.5v Input Sensitivity
RCA Outputs Pass Through Unity Gain
0 - 18db at 45Hz Variable Bass Boost
Infrasonic Filter Variable
Tri-Model Speaker Connection Stable / Variable Input Level Controls
High Speed Digital Circuitry / Class A/B Delivers Ultimate Efficiency
Three way Protection-Thermal, Short Circuit and Overload
Soft Delayed Power On/Cooling fan
Dimensions: 13.4" x 9.1" x 2.1"

Those are the only specs i have. If it works like shit . im returning it

look at the amp… what size fuses are in it?

1. no-name amp, it’ll work ok for general usage, but not that great.

2. ALWAYS run a fuse within 18" of the battery even if the amp itself has a fuse; it can save you from starting the entire car on fire if you develop a short.

3. as for what subs to run; you need a 2 ohm load minimum; thus if you have 2 2-ohm subs, you can not use them (you can only get a 4 ohm or 1 ohm load with 2 2-ohm subs). Look up how to wire subs; Parallel Vs Series. You will need 2 4-ohm subs if you want to run a pair of subs with that amp @ 2 ohms. If you’re only running 1 sub, then that either needs to either be a 2 ohm SVC (single voice coil) or 4 ohm DVC (Dual voice coil); look at the subs specs to find out.

so why cant he run that at 4 ohm? and if he had two 2 ohm subs he could run them i stereo.

http://rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qty=2&woofer_imp=3

according to this 2 2ohm dvc subs can get you the desired 2ohm load at the amp allowing it to produce the most power

its a monoblock amp bro.

97FormulaWS-6 is correct.

all this is confusing

I want to use that amp which is 2 ohm on a single 2ohm kicker l5

according to rockford with one dvc 2ohm l5 and that amp you can get a 1ohm which wont work with your amp or a 4ohm which will but wont provide full amplifier output, youd be better off with 2 2ohm subs so your amp can achieve max output

Thats not a problem. Buy a Kicker L5 that has dual 4 ohm voice coils. (2) 4 ohm voice coils wired down will give you a two ohm load.

Exactly, just do this!!!

Then just hook it up! Those clowns are talking about dual sub setups. If you have a single 2 ohm subwoofer and an amp rated for 2 ohms, all you have to do is hook the biaatch up.

thank you yes

I am only using 1 subwoofer which is a kicker l5 2 ohm. Im am going to get a better amp in a few weeks .

Thanks eesti

is it a dual-voice-coil sub or single? (does it have 2 connectors on the sub or 4??)

:roll2:

Kicker never made a single 2 ohm voice coil L5 to my knowledge. If they actually do, then yes all he has to do is hook it up. I’m 95% sure that all the L5’s are dual voice coil, in which he needs a dual 4 ohm voice coil version like stated above.

The more you pay for an amp the less thd it should have. thd is what kills subs as well as electronic parts. and dont forget if your looking at amps mono means one… one hook up. any questions about this you can call darylls car audio for any help over the phone.

where are you located? if you need ill hook your shit up for you pm me if so

Mono means a mono signal output, as in not a left/right stereo output. Most monoblock amps will have multiple “hook ups” as you call if for different sub/wiring configurations. You can run a single sub off a monoblock amp, or 16+ subs off a monoblock amp, as long as the load at the amp is correct.