Supercharged 3.8 Mod Questions

With this tool: http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=199&catid=111

…and a 2’ breaker bar with a 15/16 socket, and 15/16 crescent wrench.

It was very easy. All the forum people said it’s tough and I needed two people. I did it myself in less then an hour.

This car is pretty f’in quick now for a four door bingo-hall-brawler. :smiley:

i own one of those…you could have borrowed it for free :smiley:

i must have neglected to mention that lol

Nah you offered, but I wanted my own. More tools = good.

It’s making 12 PSI in 2nd gear tonight. :eek3:

it’ll drop once you get some exhaust on. headers alone are usually good for a 2psi drop

i have a 99 regal gs. i have a 3.4 inch pulley. 180 thermostat, kn, flowmaster exhaust with u bend and resonator delete, and ecu from 3800performance.com. car runs good. any questions talk to me.

im actually looking for parts…headers,cam stuff like that. your car should run in the 14’s

There are several good cams and header options for supercharged vehciles. Go for it.

you have any parts laying around mtsman. your car is bad ass by the way. i would love to go for a ride in that thing. i wanna make this car a monster

I can take you for a spin. I have SOOO much stuff laying around,…Did my wife pay you to ask me that? I just replaced those Bronze rotas with a different Rota so they are up for grabs too. PM me.

any more updates on the build swarzkopf?

Still rolling with a 3.5" pulley, ZZP 1.0 PCM, gutted airbox and K&N, and 180* thermostat. The car pulls very nicely! I’m trying to get to PRP on Wednesday to get some ETs.

I’ve got some ideas- my plan would be to keep the car as stock appearing, stock sounding, quiet, smooth riding, QUIET, and Buick-ish as possible while getting maximum drag strip performance.

My idea would be to add:

Zex kit with 50-shot
ZZP 3" downpipe (with cat)
Spark plugs 1 heat range colder than stock
ZZP fuel pump rewire kit

I need to see what the car runs as it sits now. I’m wonder how deep 13s I could get on the above stuff.

if you go to prp wed let me know i was thinkin about riding up

Go out, I’ll meet you there. I’d like to see another L67 in action.

Any of you ever heard of the “PCM learning mod”?

crank sensor variation learn procedure? you need a tuner to do that. it’s used for misfire monitoring and sequential fuel injection, you shouldn’t need it but it is recommended…unless you set a P1336, then you absolutely need it

oh yeah and i don’t run, i just go out and watch

I like the first idea! Alot! those parts will work good. Might not need the fuel pump rewire just yet but it will always help. volt booster too and shortened alternator wire also makes a difference.

50 shot might give you more than 50 since it will also cool the blower. I have set of 1.95 ZZP roller rockers around here somewhere if you are interested.

oh yeah and i don’t run, i just go out and watch

Why not?

Thanks for the feedback guys.

mtsman you been pm’ed

i gotta drive this car every day not to mention its my only ride out there. the setup is a little iffy for the stock GT trans, it’s pushing a little bit more power than was originally intended

I’ll be there tonight with my Regal, along with my co-worker and his SRT-4. If any of you see me stop over and say hello. I’d love to check out other L67 cars.

Went:

14.0792 1/4 mile ET
98.95 1/4 mile MPH

i left a few minutes after your last run. must have missed you man

btw good times for your mods

ya a 14.0 is good for a 3.4, and a cookie cutter PCM.

i left a few minutes after your last run. must have missed you man

btw good times for your mods

Thanks!

ya a 14.0 is good for a 3.4, and a cookie cutter PCM.

I don’t run a 3.4, I’ve got a 3.5.