Need info on Grand Prix GTP upgrades

Looking to modify my 04 grand prix GTP with the Comp G package, a K&N air intake, QTP electric exhaust cutout and dual Flowmaster 40’s, are on the shopping list already. i will be getting a smaller supercharger pulley either a 3.0 or a 2.8. i need to know if the stock internals will tolerate the increase in boost? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

it needs a PPPPPPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY(in memory of big ed)

thats way to small of a pullet for the mods. Half thous mods dont do anything BTW.

keep the stock catback, it super quite and sounds the best. listen the the blower only. thats intake sucks, gutted stock airbox is better. cutout is gona fail in under 1year, and 3800s dont sound good anyway.
get headers for a exhaust performance upgrade, anything else with the stock manifolds and DP is not going to gain anything, maybe 3-5hp. get a 3.5 pulley

This is gonna be what I’m gonna go by if I ever decide to seriously mod my GP. If it gives you that stupid ad just hit the back button and then the forward one.

http://www.grandprixforums.net/safely-modding-your-3800-powered-car-17482.html

I also agree that a pulley that small is gonna destroy everything inside the motor. Start with a 3.4" one.

Also, I’ve done a ton of research on how to make the exhaust on these cars sound good and I think it’s impossible, I even posted a thread about it here:

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?221325-Nice-Sounding-Exhaust-on-a-V6&highlight=nice+sounding+exhaust

Studderin is right about just listening to the blower - I’m running an open cone K&N and the sound of it is way better than the sound that will ever come out of the exhaust.

I’ve heard plenty of modified 3800’s and the best sounding ones still end up best described as “flatuent”. Get some cheese to go with that blower whine and you’re better off.

If your set on keeping the m90 and want to run a 3.0 or smaller get a cam, headers, ic, injectors, tune… IC may not be needed depending on which cam and tune. If you want to get serious (400whp-500whp) get a turbo set up and upgrade the trans. Stock block will handle that all day with a solid tune.

If you slap on a 3.0 with what you listed you will chip a piston(s).

I just wanna add that the open cone intake is like a $30 mod and it makes the blower sound UNBELIEVABLE, especially when you’re in parking garages, tunnels, or anywhere where there’s an echo. SO worth it.

wtf double post

Where do I buy this in case i get stuck with my 07 GT?

All you have to do is buy a K&N cone from Advance or whatever and then clamp it onto the MAF Sensor. It’s super easy.

It sounds easy, so we don’t have to worry about it being piped further away from the engine because the supercharger is gonna increase the air temp anyways?

Exactly. A lot of people waste tons of money on making fender intakes and whatnot when they don’t realize that it doesn’t make a difference on a supercharged engine.

Everything I’ve read has said the open cone is the way to go because it gets you the highest quantity of air.

some great things to remember for going fast with a m90 is. It dose not compress air, and inlet restriction is really bad its multiply times worse to the air quality that gets into the chamber then any other power adder or a NA engine.

I went low 13’s with a 100% stock catback, (stock quite it was great) and 11.9’s maybe a 11.7? on stock mufflers and tips FYI. But those cars suck so dont mod it.

98FreakGTP on here had a pretty modded GTP. His name is Greg, he doesnt post all that often anymore though. Send him a PM maybe he’ll see it.

Yeah, I think the GTP in general is just a fun all around car to drive, maybe with a couple light mods or whatever it takes to get 300hp. It’s not a race car.

I think if someone is going to seriously mod a car they should start with something different.

What size cone is needed?

I just got the biggest one Advance had. lol

I mean like inside diameter where it attaches to the maf? Is it really worth doing? Im probably gonna sell the car but if its $30 it might be worth it for now lol

I had a feeling that’s what you meant. You know, I did it so long ago I actually forgot. I’ll take a look at it tonight after I get out of work and I’ll let you know. lol

Should be about 3 inches, and yeah I think it’s worth doing because it takes the blower from practically silent to loud as hell.