Supercharged 3.8 Mod Questions

yeah good time for those mods…makes me want to see if mine can dip into 13’s…but chances are if I go to the track I will take the ws.6

Thanks mang. I’m sure you could run 13s in your GTP.

i want 12s honestly. its not doable yet but we’ll get there :wink: i am porting a set of heads right now

We not run more than stock boost?

I’m trying to be conservative right now. working on the tune a little every day trying to kill the <1° of knock i have. high compression is a very hard setup to get running right, it’s much more susceptible to part throttle knock than a L67 not to mention it needs a lot more fuel per given pulley size. the stock MAF table doesn’t even come close to cutting it

headers will be going on soon and the 3.4 pulley will follow. I figure that should give me around 10psi…i could do it now but what’s the point in jeopardizing my pistons for a little street hp?

THis is a customers engine in his gtx, it has a ton of intense racings stuff on it, huge aftercooler, headers/midpipes, full 3" with a flowmaster 40 series, intense racing diff, mezier electric waterpump, etc etc… it has runs super consistant 12.20s, and he won the pontiac nationals with it last year…

nice setup it looks like…and tell him that msd coils are junk for these cars. they’re based off the spec for L36 coils and the L67 stock coils have much better tolerances.

oh yeah, and that stock throttle body isn’t doing any good either, it’s like a bottle neck before the blower. intense ported blowers are a poor design too if anyones thinking about one

ask him to get on this site or see if he’s on clubgp. I’m banned from the intense forums so that’s no good, i’d like to pick some local brain about these cars

I’m trying to be conservative right now. working on the tune a little every day trying to kill the <1° of knock i have. high compression is a very hard setup to get running right, it’s much more susceptible to part throttle knock than a L67 not to mention it needs a lot more fuel per given pulley size. the stock MAF table doesn’t even come close to cutting it

headers will be going on soon and the 3.4 pulley will follow. I figure that should give me around 10psi…i could do it now but what’s the point in jeopardizing my pistons for a little street hp?

Gotcha…I make over 11 PSI at WOT on my 3.5 LOL Gotta love boost stacking.

THis is a customers engine in his gtx, it has a ton of intense racings stuff on it, huge aftercooler, headers/midpipes, full 3" with a flowmaster 40 series, intense racing diff, mezier electric waterpump, etc etc… it has runs super consistant 12.20s, and he won the pontiac nationals with it last year…

Looks pretty cool Tim.