The new track car *Updated 7/5 w/ new pic*

Its not a matter of liking a platform, its about improving as a driver. See below.

I know that was for Chris, but here are my unsolicited thoughts. AWD is “forgiving” because it covers up mistakes with easy throttle-on traction. So you can go bombing into a corner like an idiot and have a greater likelihood of keeping it on the pavement through no amount of driver skill, just car capability.

Because its forgiving, a street-setup AWD car makes you look like a hero because it doesn’t punish small dumb mistakes. To improve as a driver, Cossey bought the M3 to put himself in situations where he needs to rely on driver skill, not the car saving his ass and the driver never knowing he was in trouble.

Finding parts for the LGT was a PITA, I was using race contacts from all kinds of weird serieswith little success. The M3 iscommon and well documented as a track and race car meaning comparison data is easy.

Incorrect and way oversimplified. You can make any car or platform under or oversteer with a few knob turns and wrenches. Again, this was mostly driver related, not about which car or platform is ultimately faster.