Things to show people in Buffalo

So I always have this dilemma; People from out of town and I don’t really know what to show them.

What should I show them to sell the city. These are people who are pretty baller.

Give me some good points that I should hit.

For starters, all out of towners want to see Niagara Falls

Buffalo Zoo, Elmwood Strip, Art Gallery, Delaware Park…

your pretty much fucked, just tell them “im sorry that i have to show you this pathetic city, but here it is, try not to laugh too hard.”

the eternal flame is aways a good day trip in chesnut ridge

Fuck Niagara Falls its far, making my work day way too long.

Ummmmm Mighty?
Duh!

The Falls, Albright Knox, zoo if they have kids.

Whirpool jetboat is still running. That’s an amazing ride.

Maybe when I said people that are ballers I wasn’t clear enough. They are mainly CEOs and COOs of hospitals and health systems.

The eternal flame is a cool place to go on a second date, not when you are trying to convince someone that Buffalo is not a horrible place to live.

Ignorant much?

You say you’re trying to sell the city, and they’re pretty baller. Are they thinking about moving here? Home or rent? It sounds like you’re recruiting employees or something? More info please.

If you’re trying to sell the city to them, find out what they like and are into then go from there.

Good luck, I have the same issue.

Show them the price tag of a nice 3000 sq ft home

Art Gallery, Central Terminal, Darwin Martin House (the neighborhood is nice) Gray Cliff Manor…basically look at all the historic architecture.

When your done, take them to canada and show them that real strip clubs are 10 minutes away.

I recruit healthcare executives, they make anywhere from $250k to $700k,

Dont’ you live in Boston?

agreed if you are trying to recruit people. The falls should be the first place you go as well if you are luring out of towners.

Top level exec’s eh? They’ll probably be purchasing homes. Show them a potential nice neighborhood for them to live. I.E. Spaulding Lake or Eagle Heights or something like that. Do they have families? Amherst - #1 for safety year after year out of the entire US. Shit if they’re into water show them some waterfront property on GI. The idea of having your own dock on a world famous waterway a couple miles from the great lakes might entice some.

Buffalo has no shortage of good and charming places to eat. Take them to lunch some place nice, maybe Fiamma or Chop House. Maybe Harry’s or something to highlight that not all of our waterfront it industrial waste land. Read up a bit on the history of the Olmstead Park system so that when you drive past Delaware Park and the Albright Knox you can speak intelligently on our world reknowned park system.

Don’t beat Buffalo’s past to death, but there is a lot of history and architecture here so it might not hurt to touch on it.

agreed

they would love it…:gotme: your right they would think it was dumb… what do people like that like to do??

Hell run down to just past Hamburg and show them a 16,000 square foot home for only $3.2 million.
http://property.buffaloniagarahomes.com/property/detail.cfm?mlnum=273881&property_type=1