tigerjapanese

Wht do u guys think about tigerjapanese, have any of u guyzz bought anymotors from them i have a cuzin tht needs 1jz and before i go and waste time their i wanted ur guyz feedback about motors u guyz might have had bought from them

when i was there a few sr20’s toppled over because they stack the engines awkwurdly…most of the engines ive seen there are in pretty bad condition

try www.tokyoautoparts.ca
21 Taber Road North of Rexdale

yes i have been there many times and the people are great. my friend bought his 180sx from there not even a month ago. the car came ready to drift with everything. the car runs great no problems. they will also like to bargain.

i go to school right down the street at centennial college and on one of breaks i stopped in, their RHD cars (when i was there) were in really bad shape and the condition reflected the price of the car… that shop seems too sketchy and i wouldent buy a motor from them, maybee body peices or front end conversion thats just my two cents worth!

u go to ashton Bee campus huh… yeaa i went their one long time ago but i didnt buy a motor my boy did and its styll running but i dot know how much theyhave changed overthe years

tiger sucks… check their Ebay rating… sucks. Tiger is the SS autocrome of the import parts world… you’ve got no one to blame but yourself if you go there… ( hint; they like to put a bit of oil in the plug ports to fake a higher compression. If you had time to do a leak down you’d find that out.

that car was junk.

all the rims were bent to shit and the car was damaged horribly im every spot that couldnt be repaired.

they still charged top dollar for it lol

I remember seeing that 180sx,
the only cars that seemed worth it,
were the 2 supra 2.5 R’s, sexy wheels
and the cars themselves seemed good cond.

I heard not too long ago,
couple people broke in their car lot,
and smashed up their cars…

but ya, it’s seems like a shady place,
like a fake discount jdm car lot.

They import those cars for parts… they are not meant to be driven as street cars or track cars.

Their motorsets are a bit sketchy at best, but for the most part the clips are mint.

i got my 2jz from them…

my buddy got his mk3 supra from clip from them. It was in great condition and the motor runs like a charm. The stock turbo that was on the 7M-GTE practically had no shaft play either…
But who knows, he might have gotten lucky with his motor…

when i was there i was watched them spray down and clean a motor with some oil stuff…it was a redtop…place is kindasketchy i dont trust it.
there is so many importers out there. i am still happy with where i got my motor.

my neighbour bought a B18C type R engine and tranny from them, also had them install it. Biggest mistake ever, he even told me that the place is shit. Problems started not even a week later, leaking transmission, things not put in correctly. Don’t even bother looking at their warranty, cause they don’t abide by it. If you were buying a 500 dollar engine, well I’d take the risk probably. But when you spend anything over 1500, you might as well do the right thing and go elsewhere. I know people that have had good engines there, and also people that have been screwed. It’s a gamble.

P.S. Just google “tigerjapanese scams, rip offs, etc.”

there motors suck!! i had a friend buy a so-called low km motor from them, with so-called warranty… motor broke after a week!!! we had to threaten them to get the money back!!

Tiger is sketchy as hell. The cars are in terrible shape. Cheap yes, so you get what you pay for. Never known anyone who bought an engine there, but EVERY single engine on their site says 25-35 thousand kms on it. Bull shit.

lol, well their rims seem decently priced eh?

not bad if they’re cheapys, just to screw around
with them.

shit i was going to go there and get a 2jz engine, not anymore, iam glad i read this, does anyone know a good honest place to get one?? thanks

tigers shit is exactly that

shit

I bough a motor for my DD, but it was cheap($350). The disty was broken, and like BAS said, there was oil in the plugs. The motor is running good so far, but I wouldn’t buy anything expensive from them. Oh yeah, when I was there one of their mechanics pulled in their GTS-T(which was for sale) and was swapping the gauges cluster, guessing one with lower kms. Just a bid shady for my taste.

lol i was actually there yesterday, and they had a German Shepperd in the lot guarding all the cars, I think they did this after the people who broke in and smashed the cars up. lol mean dog too!! Also they had a nice R32 GTR sitting out there all alone. If they cared about the car and what people thought of them, they would store the cars, especially over the winter.