What's You Say On Tiger Japanese Auto

I couldn’t find any information on this dealer on these forums so I thought I’d ask. Im currently looking for a car and so I have many options, buy from a dealer, buy private and so on.

Has anyone ever heard good/bad stories about tiger japanese located in scarborough or even dealt with them hands on? They have a couple cars there I kind of wanna look at. Both skylines, just wondering if it’s a place I should stay away from though.

As with all companies, there are good, and bad. Tiger JDM has been around for a while, they DO have some quality cars as well as some… Yea. Prices are decent and the people are alright. Some find good cards their and some get messed over.

Do you play Russian Roulette?

Do you buy from Tiger?

Are YOU feeling lucky?

Search button up top this has been covered so many times. I’m not sure how hard you tried looking. Just type in Tiger and there are over 20 posts.

Know what you are looking for, know what to look for. If you don’t, find someone. Stiky recently got a good deal from them. Car was clean, pulled hard, but he knows what to look for. That goes for any dealership or sale really.

Tiger is awful, in terms of their motorsets. STAY AWAY.

haha, I remember our visit there dave. So many stacked shitty motors. such a small Mx-6 back seat.

I cant talk about there skylines but I know 4 peoples that have picked up S13’s there(Including myself) and all have had zero issues as far as I know, with one of them now pushing 340HP

been there a few times, people werent really that helpful alot of the cars are banged up, last time i went they had a mint two tone silvia that was about the cleanest car. my buddy bought a supra from them, turbos and suspension were donezo within a month or 2.
if ur gunna buy a motor id pm varun (slipperysilvia) hes a reputable vendor on the forums, i deal with him he’s a good guy and stands behind what he sells.

when u walk in the warehouse at tiger theres a shit ton of engines stcked on top of each other, i wouldnt get one from them.

I met a fellow that got a bad set through slipperysilvia, which was replaced by one with a blown turbo. He’s the fellow with all of the blue smokin’ pouring out of a white S13 hatch exhaust, domes is sr 403/Dundas Timmies. He was not a happy camper when I ran into him, let’s just leave it at that.

Dude is looking for a car anyway.

junkyard.

This has been covered, over and over…and over.

OLD!

I went there 3 weeks ago with 2 of my boys. Half the cars would not start.

We entered their old warehouse and these dudes looked like they were stripping a van and were very sketchy.

Just go in knowing what to look for and you will be fine, that’s my advice to you guys. Their new shipments of R chassis are looking up… as for their motors and other cars it is hit and miss with them.

SOOOO OLD…

Ive bought three cars from there. No complaints. A black EG6, for a retarded deal ($2400) needed interior pieces and door harness’ were cut. The b16 blew up after a boost controller mishap after we boosted it. I just picked up two miatas. Both in wicked shape, one with some hidden rare baller parts on it and the other one with only 60k, which flew through etest and saftey troday without issue. In regards to engines. Ill goto japan direct, with cash and threathen youll goto tiger. :slight_smile:

COLES:
Cars, look at them close. Dont be put off by poor startup or dead batteries. These are 5000 s13’s not 11k ones from right drive. Bring a buddy. Bring Cash. Dont come with hopes and dreams. If you want to spend 5k. bring 5k cash with you and throw it in their face. Plan on taking it home that day. Ive played that card and have come out on top everytime.

engines: goto japan direct, threaten to goto tiger, bring cash. pick your own engine.

If you buy that gtr with the black and yellow wats on it, i want to buy the wheels. There is a nice silver N1 GTR with AVS model 7’s that looks very tidy. The white 23k gtr seems off, pedal pads are worn, not too sure. seems iffy

If i were you, buy the silver one.

I think im just gunna stick to buying a car from someone on the forums here.

Tiger has had a shady rep.

there was an old thread about this, search

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31013&highlight=tiger+japanese