Timing chain guides removed, now no start!

Ka24de:
Ok i did the Timing chain rattle removal, and didnt have the 1-1/16 socket to turn the crank to TDC, so i went on with out marking rotor position or anything, just marked the distributor angle.

I now bought the 1-1/16 socket turned the crank to tdc, made sure its compression stroke(took valve cover off, made sure both lobs are pointing towards fender), and Put the distributor inline with cyl 1. Put sparkplugs etc in the right position, still no start.

Im so lost, and wondering if someone can come take a look.

Do you smell smoke coming from your intake at all? When I had a timing issue on my ca you could smell the smoke, same with my friends ka.

No didnt smell it. Wanna come by and give it a check, i know you live in whitby.

I live in oshawa btw

Ok, what i did today was moved the distributor a tooth up, and tried starting, and i got pop after i left off the key, so i decided to move another tooth to the right, and tried again, and got another pop, and shake after letting off the key. What does this mean?

Got spark? Fuel? Spark wires in the right places?

i got spark fuel, and wires in place.

moved it another tooth to the right, and got poping throughout starting. Does this mean im getting closer or further from it starting?

poping= backfire

Just keep taking out the distributer gear thing, turning it a bit and tryign to start it, over and over again untill it works. I had that problem, not from timing chains but same thing. (I just took mine out pointlessly)

which way did you move it? to retard it or advance?

lol or just buy a 20$ timing light from princess auto and do it properly

His car doesn’t start, so I don’t think timing light is an option at this point.

Aren’t there matchmarks on the gear end of the distributor that should line up when you reinstall it with the engine @ TDC?

With the distributor in, it’s clockwise to advance and counter-clockwise to retard.

If nothing works, try swapping in another dizzy. I had the same issue when mine went fubar.

a timing light will still flash even if the car doesnt start

Found the problem most likely:D:D. I decided ok maybe i keep flooding the engine.

So what i did was take off the injector plugs so know gas go’s in the cylinders, then i repeated a procedure which involved taking each sparkplug out 1 by 1 testing each one by it self for a spark,clean them, then place it in the cylinder, then take out the other etc…

Whiles i was repeating the process for sparkplug 4 i thought to myself is maybe the cylinder it self is flooded. So i cranked the car to make sure that sparkplug four had sparks which it did.

Now this is the part, i believe that all the cranking with plugs not on right time or whatever made alot of gas sit in the cylinder. Because after i did spark plug 4, i removed all of them again and saw that they were all loaded with fuel on them (this is after i cranked the car on each cylinder to check for sparks). This leads me to the conclusion that it was flooded as it didnt do this before.

So, what do you suggest i do?

i was thinking sticking a heat gun in each of them, but im not sure if it will do more damage than good.

Update it wasn’t what i said it was lol, i forgot i left then injector plugs on. Im now 90% sure its something to do with the ignition system. We removed clips from each injector, and turned the car over many times until we were sure gas was gone(i even checked by taking plugs out) We then putted the injector clips back, on gave it a start and nothing again. Pulled the plug, and it was flooded. Please help!

UPDATE: Got the car to fire but no start. It is retarded all the way on one tooth, should i move it a tooth left or right?

Sorry advanced all the way on one tooth*

Dude stop waisting time and buy a timing light.
If you have spark and have fuel whats inbetween?

On a ka…TIMING!

Go get a timing light, get someone who knows how to use it, start cranking, and get someone who knows how to check the timing light. Your timing is off…hence your motor not turning over. Its hitting each cylinder at the wrong time.

You fucked up somewhere along the lines of putting the dizzy and tdc back.

Fuck.