ugh...dilema

from what ive been reading…peoples clutches have started slipping around 30k on their cobalt SS’s…i mean this is from people who beat the shit out of their cars…and ive been pretty nice to mine so far…now heres my question…i can get a kick ass deal on a Exedy hyper clutch…but its still expensive…should i buy it?? i plan on getting the stage 2 kit in spring…along with a full exhaust and some other things…but i just dont know if i should buy it lol. ughhh…what to do what to do…

Dont waste ur money. Your car is slow. Game over lol just kidding

haha…ive had the car for a week and im already buying shit for it…its bad lol

here’s a BIG hint…don’t mod your DD

im only doing little things lol…so far i put in a short shifter and next is an intake.

You could just…

…wait…

yeah…i suppose i will just wait lol

Trade it in/sell it and buy a new SS when they go turbo next summer lol :wink:

nah…i like the supercharger lol. although i am pissed that they are making a t/c version

Yeah I’d be too if I was a current SS owner, especially since they only kept it supercharged for what, 4 years?

05-07 was supercharged.

Wow, only 3 years. The turbo is a hell of a performance gain though…

oh i know…50 more hp and 60 more tq…its gonna rip

Keep it till it goes… Look at it this way, you have a free clutch just chilling, serving its purpose until it goes.

Someone offered me the same advice when I was considering building my motor… It went 1 month later lol, but that was a nice month I got that I did not have to pay for anything.

yeah i know i hear ya…if the clutch goes and when it does ill upgrade it. gives me time to save for the exedy hyper since its 1k :smiley:

do it, chris has it in his car… its badass

i know…i drove it and fell in love with it haha. after driving his car ive been buying shit for mine lol

do it once and do it right so u wont have to worry about it again

if i do it…i need 1k for the clutch and then access to a lift and air tools lol.

Yes. Absolutely. You’d be fool to not replace a clutch that doesn’t slip.