Gunna buy a clutch - lookin' for advice

I am looking into upgrading my clutch. The release baring is going on it so I figure I will just upgrade , seeing as it will have to be taken apart anyway. I read about the ACT clutchs in other threads, I was wondering how satisfied people were with the results. And if anyone one else has put in another type, feel free to tell me about it.
thanks

i just got my ACT clutch today. im putting it in on the weekend and then ill let you know how everything goes.

^^^ You went with wich ATC Clutch and which Pressure Plate?

HDSS

heavy duty pressure plate and performance street disc

How much did that cost?

Why NX4-HDSS not NX4-XTSS for the extra like $40 bux?

iono. woulda taken longer to ship, and i still wanted to have a fairly easy to use clutch. oh and im cheap, $40 is a lot

alot. but i couldnt find the pressure plate alone for any cheaper than $340 so it was worth it to get the whole kit including pilot and throughout too

^^^ :roll:

^^^ ?

^^^ Is Brain Dead

<---- Wants to know how much the clutch kit costed him.

i have a supa-strong disc and a remanufactured p-plate. i also got a new TOB. as far as performance, i’ll find out hopefully this weekend.

oh and are you planning on doing the clutch yourself?

i was confused on why you quoted yourself then did the roll eyes smiley. that didnt make sense. the kit cost $580

^^^ IC! :slight_smile:

No. I would not be able to do somthing like that… Once I got the part I was going to ask for some help with installing it.

ok… now I really need to know about a good clutch. The RB slipping is driving me nutts. this is what I am looking for… soft release like my stock one, but strong enough for the ‘odd’ hard drive… does anyone know a good balance… and does anyone in the Niagara region know how to put in a clutch? lemmie know

Hi-Pressure Pressure Plate, Stock Clutch Disc.

do you know of a good pressure plate?

ACT

got a clutch… went with Bully stage 2 came with everything for just under $400. this thread can end unless people want to keep talking clutches on it. thanks for the info from those who gave… but I felt it would be easier just to replace everything instead of mixing and matching. Now, I have a stock clutch minus the release bearing if anyone needs one…PM me