Clutch question (where to buy ACT?)

my stock clutch is going and i wanna know is it worth it to upgrade to an ACT or similar clutch. im only going to be running a stock KA but it will see lots of abuse from autocross and drifting. what do you guys think?

If your motor is stock, and going to stay stock, youre fine with the stock clutch. If you plan on adding significantly more power, then now is a good time to upgrade your clutch to something with more holding power.

if your stickin with KA then lets say later goin with SR then go with stock on the KA and then aftermarket on the SR.

if i ever do get the money to make some nice power i would go KA-T. but chances are that wont happen any time soon. so i guess i’ll go stock.

yeah my clutch just went too ( <— capt’n unlucky auto)
i’m going aftermarket …bye bye $300-400

are you doing it yourself?

I’d say get a decent aftermarket clutch. It will stand up better to the harder driving than the stock one. downsides will be a more agressive engagement and a stiffer clutch pedal.

what type of clutch do you recommend? ACT street or similar?

i replaced my clutch with a stock one, and i track on occasion, and it holds up well enough for me.

Do what i did, Stock Clutch with an aftermarket Pressure Plate.

You get the soft engagement for the street and good holding force for the track.

are you doing it yourself?[/quote]

oh yeah!

that sounds like a good compromise. what pressure plate did you use and where did you get it?

I used ACT and i ordered it through canadian tire.

haha adam your all about the CT arent you

see i’m doing the opposite,

remanu. pplate and ACT Xtreme clutch disc.

probably cost me alot less.

i was thinking of going to a weaker plate but 20$ more for the extreme one

i’ve ridden in 2 cars with SPEC II clutches and they aren’t bad. Cheap too.

Whats wrong with a quick engaging clutch with stiff pedal? huh huh?

Get an OS Giken or Ogura twin plate and then it might be a little bit tough to drive :slight_smile:

how would that peform compared to adams setup? i would also like to know how much you guys ended up spending.

mine came to 340 with taxes, i’m not sure of adams setup, and to compare i’d have to drive both … come on adam let me.

haha adam your all about the CT arent you[/quote]

Well i do work there, LOL

It costed me $280 which wasnt bad.

Oh and Nik if you want to drive my car come on down.

Again though please tell me why your going with a stock Pressure Plate?

You want it not to slip dont you?

Its like putting a bigblock V8 in a beetle the two dont go.

Good pressure plate and Good Clutch go hand in hand,
One wont work without the other.