Clutch possibilities (Suggestions Wanted)

I’m soon to be in the market for a new clutch.
Needs to be sustainable for at least 280hp on boost.

Any suggestions, previous involvments, or personal preference?

I’d be buying new most likely, and would like to see a range of prices.

So what would you suggest?

Thanks.
Mike

ACT stage 2 six puck clutch been satisfied with it ever since I had it which was almost a year ago, can get it off Varun.

centerforce dual friction … can hold a t2 kat no problem

Anyone have any experience with the exedy stage 2?

Jus installed exedy stage 2 clutch in my SR. 3 puck ceramicmetallic. Chatters alil at low rpm when takin off in 1st, but other then that its grabs really hard.
P.S ceramicmetallic = no break in period

I just picked up an ACT 6-puck (solid hub) Heavy Duty Pressure Plate clutch, rated for 342 ft/lbs torque, NX1-HDR6.

When I get it installed and break it in, i’ll let you know how it works for me.

I think everyone should post in this thread because its such a big help for people that don’t know what clutch to go with.

Mister Martino here you go http://www.240sxmotoring.com/specstage2.html

Also I am still waiting on our reply ( banner)

I had an Exedy Stage 1 and was very happy with it. I assume the Stage 2 would be just as good and could take more HP and Abuse!

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Draggone i’ve heard that clutch is good, may be one of my possibilites.
Oh and your logo is in process don’t worry. I had to deal with some other things ahead of you and seneca, but i always see Jr, so i normally update him.

Should be done soon though.

Thanks.
Mike

ACT extreme pressure plate or heavy duty with a upgraded street disc… something with a bit of copper in it… :slight_smile:

i can order one for you…

i have a clutch for sale… 50 bucks. cant get any better

Avoid unsprung disc

As much as I like mine (ACT HD), if I had to buy again I’d buy something that’s spring loaded and can still handle large torque.

RPS makes some good shit; not sure on specific but something to look into.

I have a Eurodrive clutch, it’s not bad. It’s Kevlar so it can stand up to a lot of abuse and even if you overheat it, it will be fine.

Mike, you can order everything so you don’t count lol. I’ve gotta stop by the shop on saturday most likely you gonna be around?

Shawn…make, condition, and pics