what clutches do people use and like?

basically what the title is, IM looking for a new clutch and am just wondering what kind of experience, good and bad people have had with different brands ie: Exedy, ACT, Centerforce,…

Thanks,

Corey

I just had a 6 puck ACT installed, not broken in yet, but I am already happy with it.

I would recommend it for sure.

Good luck.

cvm07

I have a kevlar 4 puck sprung Eurodrive built clutch and i’m pretty happy with the kind of driving I do with it.

EDIT: It’s fobwall posting btw.

I’ve had a flawless experience with the ACT stage 1 as far as I can recall, been close to 2 years.

Never slipped, rather light pedal throw, solid engagement that can be feathered.

Equally as important as the brand is to make sure the install is done well, the OEM/Koyo bearing is used (or so i’ve heard), and that the clutch is broken in carefully and capable of holding the power you’re planning. There should be no issues then.

i had a SPEC Stage III and it sucked. It chattered after less than 2 full years, mind you that was 40,000km’s on it.

I had it rebuilt by Eurodrive and it’s been okay for about 5,000km’s

i use an RPS MAX 6 puck. just finished the break-in and tracked it on sunday. performed flawlessly.

it does have a heavy pedal throw and grabby engagement, however.

not for the faint of heart, i guess…

6 puck orc hd single plate

holds very very well

ate up the fucking tob quickly tho, very heavy diaphram

I sent out the stock unit to Euro-drive and had a six puck kevlar, sprung disk. Pressure Plate was rebuilt with a 50% hold increase. PP is a bit stiff but its only annoying in heavy traffic. Well over 25,000km on it without a single issue.

i have a spec stage 2 clutch. total crap. it bites but then doesnt last long and i dont clutch kick

i ordered a nismo super coppermix clutch kit w/ flywheel. still waiting to get it cant wait to try it out. im just a sucker for nismo

http://www.upgarage.com/upgarage/gazou/0508/0508136001972/0508136001972s0.jpg

that looks like a SICK clutch actually

shit son…baller

hey walter, how much did the RPS run you.

my next clutch, i think imma lean towards RPS or exedy. not such a hardcore clutch like urs tho. how many lbs can it withstand btw?

also, my experience is with ACT stage 2 with heavy duty PP.

had it for 1.5years. i abuse it like no tmw.

i can clutch kick all day long with 17x9s with somewhat sticky tires on a STOCK KA

throw out bearing is going tho…i guess thats the weakness. pedal feel is pretty stiff.

shameless plug… I’ve got an SR core lying around for eurodrive…

haven’t heard anyone complain about eurodrive…

I have yet to try out my 3 puck, installed it and parked the car. But it’ll be grabby, when I was fussing with it, it felt as though when it grabbed it would move the car off a jack stand. Couldn’t tell you the brand.

Euro-Drive 4 puck ceramic clutch
light pedal, pretty grabby engagement
so far so good, no complaints

Samson, I got it for $410. I think it’s good up to 450ft. lbs.

Excedy stage 1 organic, 2 years of abuse no problems still grabs like a biatch

The release bearing has been whining the whole time, i think i should replace that

shit, $410 for a 6puck that holds 450ft. sounds like a one time deal.

you’ll have to let me try your pedal, i don’t think i would get 6puck tho.

I wanna know how that Nismo works once you break it in. How much is it costing you?

I got the same clutch as DFJ, the ACT organic street with heavy duty pp, and fidanza lightweight flywheel. It rocked, but then again that was on stock KA.

I’m currently running the Center Force Dual Friction, very nice streetable clutch if you make less then 300lbs at the crank. Its a little noisy but most poeple wouldn’t notice. Very good light pedal feel and it has never chattered once.

My next clutch will be the one walters running, except it will be for a real motor. :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah RPS is more expensive than ACT in my experiecnce. They can also take alot longer to get. I know that i was waiting upwards of 8 weeks for a KA and SR clutch last year for Robbby and Pat.