What happens when we drive the speed limit.

A few rogue motorists drive the speed limit on a Georgia interstate and make a film about what happened.

:tup:

Way too much “douchiness” but great that they pulled it off.

Haha, what can we expect from artsy film students? At least they stuck with it and didn’t freak out too much when people started losing their minds.

True, like when the van passed on the shoulder and clipped the mirror of the broken down car.

I don’t get audio at work, but it appears that they each took a lane, on a 4 lane highway and all did 55mph?

isn’t that illegal? The person in the hammer lane is very brave… nothing more annoying than someone blocking traffic

The audio was terrible anyway.
Holy geek squad batman!

Isn’t that a repost from like 15 years ago?

Thats scary

That’s old. I saw that years ago. Funny concept though. Especially in Atlanta.

how is that illegal? its called a speed limit, which means the left most lane should still be 55 max with slower traffic to the right.

why dont people get that… just cause left lane is for faster traffic, its not an illegal speeding allowed lane.

^word.

:picard:

Are you serious? The speed limit is 55. Of course it’s not illegal to do 55 in any lane. By law it’s illegal to do anything over that.

You can NOT block the left lane.
I guess if there are no emergency vehicles behind you it is legal.(maybe)
I am sure you would get a ticket though.(If a cop saw you)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…

Oh man… I’m sorry for that. It’s just so ironic. haha

Impeding traffic is typically defined when not operating a vehicle reasonably, so as to block the normal flow of traffic. It typically is used in cases where a person is blocking an intersection or driving too slow and causing a log jam. Laws vary by jurisdiction, but are generally follow a standard of “reasonable operation”. The following is an example of a state law governing impeding traffic:

" 169.15 Impeding traffic.

No person shall drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law or except when the vehicle is temporarily unable to maintain a greater speed due to a combination of the weight of the vehicle and the grade of the highway. "

http://definitions.uslegal.com/i/impeding-traffic/

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/01/23/news/doc45b556804e38a132900354.txt

from what I can find, using the left lane for anything other than passing is ILLEGAL unless it’s for safety (bad weather, work zone, etc)

lol me and 94blackls use to this all the time anywhere we went

They don’t make a picard big enough.

IT IS NEVER ILLEGAL TO DRIVE THE SPEED LIMIT!!!

You’re not impeding traffic by going the speed limit. I know we all take for granted the fact that no one enforces the speed limit that closely but if the speed limit is 55 and you’re doing 55.1 YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW. It doesn’t matter that there are 10000 people behind you that want to break the law, you don’t have to get over or speed up because legally you are going as fast as you are allowed.

The only acception would be if an emergency vehicle came up behind you and you still refused to move. They have the legal right to go more than the speed limit.

lol me and 94blackls use to this all the time anywhere we went

lol u bastard

I really wish this was enforced more.