doing the speed limit causes accidents

for the record… the only car accident i have been in where there was an actual collision was when i was doing the speed limit and someone else hit me:

HAhaha, that’s insane.

AMAZING!

Looks like a Bings meet :stuck_out_tongue:

Next Bings Meet!!! A protest against street racing?..

it’s called

keep right except to pass

by staying in the passing lane they are breaking the law

so much for their wholesome law-abiding protest

its still funny though

lol it did look like bing’s meet… I was in the front! :smiley:

speeding doesnt kill people.
coming to an abrupt stop does

lol

There would still be carnage if they left that lane open all those rageahololics trying to get by.

Me and my buddies did that on that highway to Niagara, 420 or whatever 2 lanes. He was in his Beretta I was driving my Barracuda and the backup was for miles. This was before the internet and it was totally rad.

it’s never illegal to do the speed limit.

all legislation i have seen on the subject contain “operating vehicle in a reasonable fashion” etc.

no question they are impeding traffic, but not illegally.

I’ve seen that before, and it makes a very good point.
If law enforcement truly wanted to make the roads safer, they would enforce only one law “keep right except to pass”
This is the only law we really need to keep our roads safe, and moving well.

If you are not passing in the far most left lane you are breaking the law. If the guy in the lane beside you is doing the speed limit the same as you by law you need to get behind him if you don’t want to break the speed limit and pass him.

Damn Stupidents.

So they created a formation where they blocked all traffic as a means to conduct their experiment? :ugh:

If they were randomly spread out doing speed limit, the experiment would have been a bit more believable. :o

There will always be people complaining the speed limit is to low, suck it up.

it doesn’t matter if they raise the speed limit to 220km/h, there will always be that guy in the BMW doing 50 over weaving through traffic. then whoever can go past the speed limit will still do 30 over

I just got back from a trip to New Brunswick and nova scotia. In both of those provinces the speed limit is 110. they only have 2 lane highways there, and NOT ONCE did I get stuck in a traffic jam. Simply because people there know that the LEFT lane is for passing only. They all seem to naturally abide by the “keep right except to pass” People here are just to impatient to drive safely and correctly.

Most people in Toronto cannot drive, end of story. They need to close down all these money grabing driving schools and open up car control schools where they teach you how to control your car at a high rate off speed. If you do a poll alot of the accidents happen with young drivers behind the wheel.

actually… toronto drivers are not too bad.
try driving in vancouver.
especially in richmond where it’s full of fobs… lol

Richmond BC has the highest number of accidents per capita in Canada