what is the best engine for performance???

i say it has to be the ls1

shorten ur sig

i think thats a very broad spectrum. how you have it phrased would be more or less a personal preference. you would have to be more specific like cheapest too mod? mostly commonly swapped/modded. something to that extent. but you do see the LS1 being swapped in a ton of different cars.

:rofl: at thread. Trying to start a riot. :smiley:

Terminator 4.6 DOHC FTW

bang for the buck and best stock for the buck

LS1

LC2…can be done cheap!!..but id say LS1 and the 03-04cobra motor are nasty also

LSX.

The yardstick of “Performance” can be very wide indeed.

Take for example my Honda. It has 1.8 liters and 180 HP. That’s 100 HP/L and there’s a measure of performance based on power and size of the engine package.

Then there’s the old standby, weight/power ratio. Using the Honda, again, weighs 2250 with me driving it and with the 75 shot it is probably ~225 WHP. So I’m sitting near a 10:1 weight to power ratio.

Then there’s raw performance (HP and TQ). Not using my Honda, but my Charger this time…my Charger is rated at 340 HP and 375 ft-lb TQ (crank, SAE).

Now, both are quite fun to drive…the Charger certainly has more HP than my Civic and is RWD, but the car weighs 4200 lbs with driver. So the Civic has better overall drag racing performance than the Charger (13.25 versus 14.19), but lacks raw HP numbers.

And, not to forget, $/HP…the best bang for buck goes to LSx IMO. LSx will yield the most HP and TQ for a given price point (within reasonable expenditure).

haha

x23

lol

Terminator, need I say more?

:stupid:

Yes

Terminator w/ lsx swap:spank:

LSx tucked inside a light weight foxbody :boink

Owned.

F20C
120hp/L
What production engine beats that?

http://astrx.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/2jz.jpg

[quote=I<3myHONDA;616471]F20C
120hp/L
What production engine beats that?[/quote]

240hp and no torque= beat

any american v8 is better and the majority of import motors are better.

hp per liter is the worst measurement of how good a motor is. But then again making alot with alittle is impressive

no it isn’t, it’s stupid.

It’s dumb to start out with a 2 liter angine and brag about how great it is making only 200hp when my lame as shit crown vic 4.6 makes 235hp and 270ft.lbs. small engines are retarded, leave them for the lawn tractors and gocarts.

I change my vote from terminator engine to a 460 that is stroked to a 514, make that 120hp/L and see where you are at.
:smiley: