whats going on in amherst lately?

+1

I’ve been pulled over twice by APD.

1. 50 in a 35, on youngs right after it it crosses Sheridan and goes from a 45 to a 35. Real early Sunday morning, no one on the road, I just forgot to slow down for the speed zone. Reduced to parking, no problem.

2. Failure to stay in lane. I was driving “spiritedly” around the S curve on John Muir leaving work. When I saw the cop I jumped on the brakes (because I was well over the speed limit) and when you do that in an MR mid turn the ass comes out. Cop saw me, was pissed he couldn’t get me on radar fast enough, so gave me the lane thing. Figure I got off easy. Then reduced to parking, even better.

Both times I clearly deserved it. I drive over the speed limit a lot in Amherst, but no excessive, and I keep my car legal. Even with a bright red car with chrome rims they don’t look at me unless I give them a reason.

I’d much rather get a ticket in Amherst than in Buffalo where the retarded judges refuse to reduce, because they’d rather send most of the funds to the state while bitching that the city is broke. Idiots. Reducing is a win win for everyone.

lol your a kid with tinted windows in amherst…what did you expect…

Its illegal end of story…

ANd about that following you thing…They were running plates and checking for DWIs…If they have to follow a few people and run some plates so I don’t get run over by a drunk driver then more power to them…if your not breaking the law then who cares?

It was after 12 at night what do you expect?

??? to drive home in peace maybe?

I think he was referring to Mike cruising around with illegal tints.

If you’re not doing something stupid then you shouldnt have a problem.

…Only time Ive been pulled over in amherst was ~5 years ago for 72 in a 55, and that was a trooper.

APD IS a money maker. As a nice byproduct of that, they manage to ‘catch’ alot of stolen vehicles, illegal goods, and warrants. I don’t mind that at all.

In the last three years I have owned and operated six vehicles that were illegal in one way or another (no reg, no NYSI, inadequate exh, tint, NX bottle in plain view, etc). Most of these were ‘project’ cars in various stages. Both I & a roommate, would test drive them down NFB & sheridan at all times of the night. Never been pulled over or even given a second look.

Once you grow up and realize that the police are doing their job, it’ll be easier for you. IBTotalitarianStatesSuxor

:gotme:

ahhh Amherst.

I love living and working in the city and never having to drive through that retarded town anymore.

^ I agree with all the “Police doing their job” mentality. Thats all fine and good. I would like them to catch scumbags too… BUT I have many friends that have been on the very unfair receiving end of APD bullshit. One friend is Korean and had a New Honda accord with some subtle 18" rims and a 1" drop. No gay wing, not body kit… just clean and nice. He lives in Amherst and those assholes pulled him over at leat twice a week since he ends work after 9pm. He doesnt drive like a jackass so keep the annoying “why” theories to yourselves. How can you not be able to drive comfortably after 11pm in the town you live in. Thats fucked up.

oh word, there will always be abuses - all PDs are good at that, sadly.

There is alot to be said for profiling by PDs, all of them.

Quasi-related, semifunny anecdote: my bro-inlaw was actually traffic stopped by a TOT cruiser a few months ago. The officer asked for lic. & reg and all of that, but before heading back to run the info he advised Bro that “Road rage is illegal, you know.”
Bro takes the :bloated: standpoint, saying he wasnt raging, he was coming home from work. The officer had observed bro screaming, shaking his head, pumping his fist, et al. To explain this, bro turned up the CD of screamo that he’d been listening too.
Officer handed bro his papers and advised him to go home.

Bro drives a completely stock EG hatch, with a leaking exhaust. Ah, and hes a 24 yrold asian kid. :shrug:

Now I can’t even rock out in my car, what the heck. I’m surprised I haven’t gotten pulled over for exhaust yet.

The had like a major sting operation going on everywhere last night. Amherst, depew, lancaster, cheektowaga. They were pulling everyone over that made even the slightest mistake.

on the way home from my friends house, i saw 17 different cops, and they were giving breathlizer tests out like candy.

I can’t believe they are this bored to have to have do this…o well, i i don’t drink and drive so im set.

u called it. i drive through amherst kenmore and tonawanda almost all the time never been given a tint ticket i have 35 percent

I think the suburbia cops are just trying to make a statement now that spring/warm weather is aproaching. A lancaster cop was tailing me on transit at 3am a few nights ago for no reason. Im not even Asian but the clean stock 91 Honda Accord must of fooled em.

u wont think its unecessary when ur mom is killed by a drunk driver

i had 35% too. anyway, i took off the front ones and went down to APD last night to have the car looked at and all to get the ticket thrown out. cop comes out and looks at the car, and the following conversation ensues:

Cop: these are still illegal
me: umm well thats how the car is from the factory, honestly.
cop: well, they look too dark. you did not take these off.
me: yeah i did. [points at the 2 balled-up pieces of tint on the passenger side floor, which i left there for this exact reason]
cop: you took this off yourself?
me: yes
cop: well, i think you missed some because this is still too dark
me: officer, honestly this is how the car is. I think if there was any other tint on there, it would have come off or at least been damaged when I was scraping the old stuff off with a razor blade.
cop: hmmmm
me: if you really do believe that they are still illegal, then by all means put one of those light meters on it, but i swear thats how the car came
cop: i dont have one.
me: oh.
cop: well even though these are still illegal, since you took them off yourself, i’ll give you and A for effort and sign your papers.
me: thank you

yeah…i didnt know Pontiac put illegal tints on GTOs now a days at the factory.

i thought that was you haha.

and for the haters, i have had 3 other cars all with 20% tint, and have not been bothered for them. ever.

and this thread was not intended to be about my ticket, rather about the increased police presence in Amherst. I’m going to a concert at Infinity tonight (main and transit area) and i think im gonna find an alternate way home rather than main street.

Window tint is lame. You deserve a ticket for infecting a new car with that garbage.

Going from home deopt on the blvd to a job right near rainbow tinting, I saw: 2 amherst cops, 3 tot cops, 1 from kenmore, and 1 buffalo cop, 1 car was pulled over on sheridan, and 1 on millitary. Thats way more than I see normally. I dont even want to know what it will be like when my car comes out lol.

OMG COPS PULLING PEOPLE OVER OMG OMG

Funny I drove around in my Formula with no exhaust im amherst all the time…not a single probblem…1-2am in the morning…

Omg I see the pattern! They are racist against imports!!!

:gtfo: