Who lives in/near West Palm Beach FLA?

Ya i know its NY speed, but i figured theres gotta be a few people who have since moved back here, no idea why but wtf…

Im considering the move down south. Yep at a crossroads and theres not a whole lot of reasons not to move.Looks like im gonna lose my house thanks to the trash ex wife so im saying fuck it all. My GF is from West palm and wants to go back, so i figure wtf. I wanna know the pros/cons of living there, cost of living, things to do etc etc.

Expensive but I have a few very good friend that manage clubs down there.

i know someone selling their condo down there if you go down :slight_smile:

It wouldnt be till spring or summer just in time to sweat my nuts off. I checked craigslist and found a TON of pimp condo’s/apts!
A little more info would be cool though!

1.) its expensive. pretty much on par with buffalo. but rent is more.
2.) its crowded like buffalo, but EVERYWHERE. it takes 30 minutes to go 10 minutes.
3.) its hella hot and muggy if uve never been down south for an extetnded period of time.
4.) HOT women dressed scankily everywhere.
5.) see above^^
6.) beaches all year round. i swam over xmas it people thought i was crazy.
7.) nice cars/car scene
8.) lots of tracks/racing all year round
9.) the bugs suck.
10.) 95 makes 90 look like a walk in the park

i just moved up from west palm on wednesday.

i liked it. but it was too expensive and too crowded for my taste. plus its completely flat and straight, so driving kind of sucked.

sums it up well… im from palm beach… ill move back when the time is right, right now I have a decent job lined up in WNY… so ill be here for some time to come

i have already done the research on apartment ish, doesnt seem too bad cost wise. How else do you mean expensive? Food, groceries etc? The heat and shit aint that big of a deal. Thankfully i found a few ice rinks in the vacinity so i can keep skating on occasion. Im just concerned with work.

Didn’t you just get a divorce and your already wanting to move to another state to be with a girl? :bloated:

I lived there for 4 years…

-rent is high… def do not get a place in west palm its low budget…

• look into delray beach , deerfield, or pampano beach…
  • most of the people suck… you will not find people like we have here
  • the keys sick … love them
  • miami , ok but just alot of hype
  • fort laudy … more chill …
  • women so hot , but its hard to find a cool chick…
  • money is king down there

if you need any info or help email or aim me, I go down about every other month … so I can help ya out …

when I get done with school I am going to look into miami lakes … or pompano…

Cool, thanks! Im not looking to live in the lap of luxury just yet. I want to start my own biz if its feasable, just want to scout it out first. I’ll definatly hit ya up when i know what im doin.

& Ya Sherm i am finishing up a divorce. The chic im thinking of movin with- ive known for ten years, as if i need to explain myself.

I was just going to suggest not making a snap decsion to move across the country after being in a long relationship…

Regardless best of luck :tup:

I moved with my fiancee , she ended up F#cking some rich a$$hat that was my friend … but its all good she sucked and I found out before we tied the not…

it’s almost as if you put it on an online public car forum

What do you consider “high rent”? My friend lives in Estero (outside Ft. Myers) and she has a awesome condo, pool, tennis courts, baseball field for dirt cheap…she pays $1,000 a month + electric… The place is amazing… I’d move there in a heartbeat.

Solo whatever is right- traffic sucks but it is Florida and you have to expect that. But, there is so many jobs/so much to do - go for it.

$1000/mo is more than i pay for a mortgage…so yes, id say thats high rent.

ya but look at say Craigslist-WEst Palm beach, pimp 2-3 BR condo with a resort like setting and all types of amenities and appliances etc, 1200-1300 ish. If i calculate the money im pissin away now on utilities, my mortgage and other lame expenses its a lil more than that per month! Atleast it would be a beautiful setting and the area isnt in a economic slump, and the government down there is run the way it should, plus i wouldnt have to pay these insane taxes! On my dinky house here in the village of Lancaster im paying nearly $4000 in taxes a year-Fuck that!

I’ve lived in 4 places. Rochester, Chicago, West Palm, Vegas. West Palm was by far my least favorite place. Expensive, high car insurance, bad traffic, and unfriendly people. It was very easy to find a good job and living near the ocean has its benefits but other than that I don’t miss that place at all.

Explain what you mean by expensive? does that mean restaurants, and or recreation type activities? Over priced beacause its more of a tourist destination? or what? Ya im def. not lookin forward to traffic but i think people in Buffalo have it good in comparison to just about anywhere. high car insurance vs NYS taxes etc will be a draw IMO. And im a cocky mutha so i just might find my niche down there! Oh and FUCK this snow and 10 degrees shit!

Get the fuck out while you still still want to! This shit sucks!

GL :slight_smile:

word, 32 years of being here is catchin up. Im gettin my shit settled here, getting my Cobra tight, then headed south. whether it be for a year or forever, Im gonna try it. why the fuck not.