Anyone been to or lived In Tampa?

I applied for a job In Tampa. Im sure it is nice but I have never been there and just wondering what it is like down there. Just would like to hear some thoughts from other people.

Pm Skunkape

Skoonkape is there

i was there.

Meh.

just moved here a little over a month ago. THe weather is amazing around now… no rain… 70-80 and sunny every day. Gets very hot and humid in the the summer though… and rains quite a bit

There is A LOT to do around here. The car scene is very big, but its everywhere. I can go on and on… if you want to know an specific details… shoot me a pm

also… thom (66impalass) and Sam on the board live around here too… thom is in st.pete but works in tampa… and sam lives in clearwater. Both a 20 min drive from tampa

lol… i guess you weren’t here long enough.

One season yearround, stripmalls, shitloads of old people and no character = meh IMO.

Its great for some people, but I could never do it.

The coolness factor of certain areas like FL wear off pretty quick for me.

Edit: out of all the cities in FL, I would probably live in Tampa FWIW.

honestly… tampa is not where old people are. I have seen more younger people than anything.

the upside… i live 30 seconds from USF (Universtiy of South Florida) many young people… :slight_smile:

i really have not seen many old people around here

PM sent

all the old people are in Naples, my aunt lives there… ALL old people no matter where u go lol

^^LOL

that is what i heard

i love older rich women:headbang:

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I lived there for a while, and my dad lives there now. Its nice. There is so much to do all the time, and its growing so rapidly. I’m sure you can find work there, there is so much to do. Another good thing about the state is even minimum wage is higher, so even crappy jobs pay well.

–mark

How’s living expenses their? I heard its a bit high but Im assuming the higher paying jobs evens it out. My parents have a condo in the Spring Hill area but theres really no business in that area from what they told me so that sorta stopped me from living down their for the winter.

Living expenses are more, and insurance is really high, but if you make more, it pretty much even’s out.

–mark

yea… living is a bit higher then buf… but everything else is cheaper :slight_smile:

Ya my rent is a shit load higher than upstate new york, but bills cost nothing compared

what company??

There are a shitload of Rent-a-Rims

it was killing me not to go there when i had a charger for a week