Would you pay $17k for a brand new Crossfire?

So what’s the purpose of this thread? Does someone actually have a lead on a brand new Crossfire for $17k? Is this a market study? Pipe dream?

and the build quality of the new MB’s has gone down the shitter.
thank you for your contribution to this sites ignorance.

^^^ :lol:

HAHA, my parents used to have an e320. what a piece of shit that car was.

towne has 6 leftover 06s, they were advertised in the paper at 18,900. i’m sure somewhere in the 17s is realistic if you go in there with a serious offer.

anywho, i’ve liked the cars since they came out, i think it’s a good looking car. it would be a car to take out and cruise, not mod the hell out of, i appreciate the fact that most of you do it but i’m not huge into doing that personally. but a brand new “sports” coupe for somewhere in the 17s with full factory warranty, it’s something i’d consider as a second vehicle to my e46.

and i’ve had better vehicles, including a 350z, i just like to switch things up a bit. a lot of people will never be able to say they’ve owned the cars i’ve had, and as long as i don’t get killed pricewise by them, i don’t mind driving something different every few months. it’s just a car…

Ironically, the MB that this is based off of was the previous generation SLK, which had quality, so please continue moderating with your ignorance…

Agreed. I wouldnt drive one let alone spend money on it.

I understand you don’t like the car, but really? That’s a pretty big exaggeration, even for the internets.

No. The SLK epitomizes shitty 90s MB design. Recirculating ball steering in a small, sporty convertible sure seems like a terrific idea to me.

17k is a deal though what else can you buy brand new ? a civic? i’d rather not…i’ll have to drive up there and see whats up…they would make a great DD and a sweet winter drifto car…plus my mom could use a new car :slight_smile:

I was driving behind/next to one yesterday and I think they are pretty hot. I like some of chryslers different looking cars.

I’ve always wanted a Prowler.

Hell no…

That is all

you’re kidding right? they were giant over priced POSesessess
i dont think JD Power has given it 3 stars for quality in the last decade, but i guess if you’re use to driving GM and its crap build quality (i have one and its the last american car i will ever buy) then the MB is a dream car :bloated:

Uhm learn a bit about the R170 Chasis

The Mercedes-Benz R170 is an automobile platform for sports cars produced since 1997. R170 models were originally sold as the SLK-Class and was based on the W202 C-Class. It was replaced by a new SLK-Class platform - the R171 - for 2005, but the R170 chassis lived on in the Chrysler Crossfire. R170 and R171 chassis production is handled by Karmann of Germany.

The most unreliable claim is also coming from people that state the Mitsu is one of the most reliable cars

Most Reliable Sport/Sporty car
Most reliable (Best score first) Lexus SC
Toyota Camry Solara (4-cyl.)
Subaru Impreza WRX
Honda S2000
Mitsubishi Eclipse*
2006 Mini Cooper hatchback

Least reliable (Worst score first) Pontiac Solstice*
Mercedes-Benz SL
Mercedes-Benz CLK
Mercedes-Benz SLK (V6)
Chevrolet Corvette
Porsche 911 Carrera
Ford Mustang (V6)

Base your info off of them, or you can be half way intellegent and look the the MB forums and see that the only issues they have had has been electrcial gremlins, there has been no issues with the build quality

Subaru Impreza WRX
Honda S2000
Mitsubishi Eclipse*

Nice

66impalass, have u ever owned a mercedes-benz? ive seen their shitty build quality first hand. my family leased one for 3 years. i drove it ALL the time. By the time its 3 years were over it had:

the LED screens for both the in-car computer and the clock were dead

the car had massively loud really strange clicking noise coming from underneath

the car spewwed brake dust like it was its job

there were multiple issues with the emmisions system when the car was brand new. it had to go into the shop many times.

my mom primarily drove the car and CONSTANTLY complained about a rough idle

these issues are mostly build quality/control. $60k cars should NEVER need to go into the shop except for brakes and standard maintenance. Its bullshit and I would NEVER buy a mercedes cause of that car.

oh and the car DID NOT have automatic headlights. MY parents didnt realize that till they went to pick the car up and the lights never came on.

That is a different benz, I am not saying that the build quality was there for what ever you family had, but the R170 had it there. Also any good brakes will spew brake dust like it is its job

I drove an SRT-6 home from Pittsburgh and liked it a lot. Yes it was indeed an Benz at heart, but it still had a rather nasty Chrysler interior with cheap switches and low grade plastics.

Why do you think Diamler sold 80.1% of their share in Chrysler?
Ever since the merger Mercedes quality has gone in the shitter. Ask anyone who is a loyal buyer from back in the 80’s. The old cars were high quality and rock solid. The newer ones have taken a shit.

fuck…

Subaru Impreza WRX
Honda S2000
Mitsubishi Eclipse*

I need to buy one of these next.
Hmmm Mini or WRX…