anyone here have a crossfire?

one of 3 cars im looking at, theyre sporty, i love the way they look, and theyre pretty cheap, here’s one on ebay with 28k for 11 grand

my brothers turning 16 and im giving him 2 of my neons, keeping the 3rd built one for me for fun, so i need a DD, im not married and go to school and want to be taken seriously when i begin my career and do not want to drive a tuner to work everyday

only thing i could really find on them is that they make 215hp, the SRT6 HAULS ass but its too pricey for me

im wondering about

warranty info
reliability
maintenance expenses- i did an oil change on one, 9 QUARTS!
parts hard to find

i plan to purchase a car by next march, so im looking/saving now

a 2005 for 11 grand with 28 k seems really cheap for such a sexyyyyy ride

EDIT: other ride im looking at is a smashed viper gts, found a few for 15-16k, my ultimate dream car =D

fire in the skkkyyy.
I wanna play that game now
=(

ps. what motor is it that takes 9 quarts?

My friend had a SRT6. The thing did some wicked smoke shows. I never did go for a ride though. I think TurboTSi did though. He might be able to tell you what he thought.

the srt-6 come with automatic only… BOO

umm, the base ones…are slow as balls…they sound good though.

I think Top Gear did a review on these and pretty much laughed at it

recirc. ball steering.

I wouldn’t take somebody who drives a Crossfire seriously… I’d just giggle.

lol… thats the only guy I can think of with an SRT6 too. lol.

Damn, that was years ago.

thats really dissapointing =( i was wondering why the KBB is so low on it

maybe its just me but i feel like the front of all late chrysler cars remind me of what a business man would drive :roflpicard:

other stuff i found:

We were unable to get the SRT-6 tires to squeal; the traction control and active suspension won’t allow that.-allpar.com

it is actually slower than the srt4 :smash2:

top gear said it best…the rear end looks like a dog taking a #2 :rofl: chrysler reliability has been pretty poor for a while now, i could swear i read that about this car at some point as well too.

they take 0w40 mobile one. Really gay

What other 2 cars were u looking at? did u want a rwd vert?

i would TOTALLY drive a saturn sky over a crossfire

For 11k that’s pretty solid if you don’t want it to be fast. I’d say it’s more presentable than a sky or solstice. The hood is soooo ugly.

White ones look good from the rear.

edit: lease a genesis coupe maybe?

nah no leasing or buying new and having the car worth less than the loan =/

yeah i know, the customer bitched about me using valvoline synthetic so i had to send one of the techs over to advance, stuck up WHORE

Best way to be taken seriously is to not give a damn about any one else’s vehicles and do your job.

Seriously, why does it matter? Drive what you enjoy.

i just want a little more grownup of a car

I mean, since you’re looking for input…

I’m not a fan…

But if you like it, then by all means…

It matters. Two equally qualified workers going for a promotion. One drives a riced out honda civic with loud fart can. One drives a late model BMW.

Who gets the raise?

honestly i dont think the boss gives a fuck what you drive