Chrysler drops some product

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...UTO01/710300398

Its now official and I think the Crossfire is included in their decision.

I think its about time they dropped a couple of those, I hope to see Chrysler comming out with some better products in the future…:x:

good i hated the crossfire. that thing sucked. it was one of the worst cars i have ever been in

no car before mopar

I’ve driven the crossfire and I thought it was a great car to drive. It can jar you around a good bit on those bumps, though.

Jeff, i am curious why you say that? I owned one for a while, and i had my own reasons for getting rid of it.

I rented one to drive to Raleigh. (Actually, upgraded for free from a Hyundai.) It’s a small car and the passenger seat wouldn’t recline far enough for him to sleep comfortably. :crying: It was underpowered but I did like the auto stick.

def underpowered and it was uncomfortable. as my brother stated we rented one to pick up the corvette. I was not impressed with it.

Compared to a Vette, they are def underpowered. 14.9-15.1 1/4 isn’t bad for a 3.2 N/A 6 banger, but the SRT6 version is a lot better with 330Hp and low 13 ET’s. The bulkhead behind the seats does create a tight cabin, but that’s the price Chrysler had to pay when parent DC gave them the SLK chassis to work with. They drive just like a M-B SLK, because that’s what they are. Biggest difference was the suspension tuning and the 19" 35 series tires on the Crossfire. Handling was really good but, as sinim said, the ride really sucked. Not a problem for a toy, but as a daily driver that shit gets old in a hurry. That’s why i got rid of mine. Not enough power to compensate for the other aggravating things about the car. Shame because it actually is a well made car. I have a feeling that if i had the SRT version i would not have been do anxious to get rid of it, but after about 3 months of 80 mile daily commutes i got tired of mine.
The good news is that the resale on them sucks so bad that in a few years they can be picked up petty cheap as a toy.
I am surprised Chrysler didn’t pull the plug on them 2 years ago. They were priced about 10-12K too high, and the sales showed that.
As to the others, all you have to do is drive a Pacifica and it’s obvious why it didn’t sell well. I know retro is cool and all, but the Pacifica is like driving a 1984 Ford Country Squire, and that kind of retro doesn’t sell.
I thought the magnum looked OK for a wagon, i am surprised it didn’t sell well.
The PT cruiser isn’t being dropped, the PT convertible is. One of the biggest selling features of the original PT was it’s utility and versatility. The ragtop did away with all of that. Plus it just looked funky.
As always, just one guys opinion, based on my driving experiences.