Yet another "O.G." is outta here...

Well, this has been a long time in the making, but now its finalized and set to go. I apologize that some have to learn about it from here, but plans materialized very quickly and hopefully you can forgive me :slight_smile:

Effective at some point during the first week of October, I’ll be on my way to re-establish myself in Virginia Beach, VA. I’ve been down there half a dozen times since the first of the year on various trips and interviews, and now after my trip last weekend, all is settled.

Found a great place in an outstanding neighborhood to rent to start off in. I’ll basically be renting half of a house, in that I’ll share a kitchen, living room, and garage, but I get the entire upper floor of the house which is two bedrooms (so guests will of course be welcome) and my own bathroom. The house is right on one of the rivers about 5-10 minutes from the oceanfront, plus the owner has a nice dock and a boat (so striper fishing in the middle of winter is already planned :tup: )

As for why the move, well…I constantly regret not going away to college for the sake of being in my own city away from everything I grew up with. Granted the college years are behind and past, but I’m still young enough where I can take the risk and if it fails, I can always come home.

For a job, I’ve already secured a M-F 9-5 job with (i’m told) one of the better dealer service shops (Priority Auto) as a service manager trainee. On the side, I’ll be taking up a wrench again and assisting with some extra work in a small specialty speedshop. I’ve had the chance to do a lot of work at the shop during my trips to VA, and the owner and I agree it will allow him to take on much more business, which of course will help the both of us. Ultimately, we would like to establish some form of partnership and expand his business greatly, but thats down the road.

As far as leaving…I won’t lie, its been an extremely tough decision. I HATE leaving all of my friends and family. I HATE the fact that the two closest hockey teams are the FUCKING HURRICANES and the Capitals, but I will make the trek to see a few games (of course I have my tickets to the opener Buff vs Carolina in raleigh :slight_smile: ), plus of course I will come back home as much as possible…more than likely on weeks where I can catch the Sabres on a home stand AND go to a Bills game in the same stretch. In the meantime, I’m going to have to either buy NHL Center Ice AND NFL Sunday Ticket, else I might go crazy.

Obviously, I will still be around here to make my potshots, jokes, obscure movie references that only a few people get, and post up on some of the cars I’ll be working on. I know I already have 2 projects waiting for my arrival, and one includes a road trip to North Carolina to help out with an E85 tune on a customers car.

I’m sure I will set up some sort of outing so everyone can come and have a few goodbye beers with me…ah fuck who am I kidding…we’ll probably have like six or seven :stuck_out_tongue:

For those looking for last minute hookups on tires, mount/balance, alignments, whatever…my last day with Goodyear will be September 21st. I know I already have taken care of Joe’s (91MR2’s) needs for his piiiiiiiiimp new lotus, and I have to find some snows for chrissy chris, but let me know what I can do and I will do my best.

In closing (of sorts), thank you all for such great memories and laughs. I know I’ve been somewhat nonexistant at meets this summer, but I’ll of course try to make a few before I bounce. Everyone will always be welcome at my place. Give me some heads up and I can try to get some time off of work so I can give the whole tour and such. I’ll be sure to post up my new address, e-mail addy, phone number, blah blah before I go.

Thank you all again. I’ll always be a Buffalonian at heart. What else can I say? Go Bills. Go Sabres. No goal. Forward lateral. See y’all soon :tup:

:wave:

you always seemed nice.

i’ve only met you a few times.

<3 Good Luck brother.

good luck Sean :tup:

Youre a good dude. :tup:

Good luck out there, I wish you the best. :slight_smile:

Good luck man! I am outta Blo, and love it.! VA Beach is nice, got some family there, you will love it.

gl sean ilu :slight_smile:

dude come out for skunks bash i havent seen or drank with u in awhile.

See the UBRF thread for my real good bye.

Memories…

wtf, everyone is fucking leaving, what is this shit

theyre smart, thats what

good luck man

and just when i came back we gotta chill before you go

goodluck sean, smart move gettin outta here!

see you in a few years!

good luck

:frowning:

call me.

brennans wont be the same :frowning:

g-bye man and good luck :tup:

Lucky…I cant wait to get out of here.

Good luck dude! :tup:

Sean are you going to rotate my tYres one last time.

I mean that literally. :slight_smile: Good luck. You’ll do well!

good luck with the move!

I don’t think i know you, but that was a really long post. have fun somewhere better than here! :cool: