02 rsx vtec prob

My 02 rsx type s funs fine till vtec. When it hits it fine sometimes. But it will feel like it has no power sometimes in vtec. It takes forever sometimes from 6k to 8k. any idseas? There is no cel on at all. I can’t figure it out? Anyone run into this prob before?

could be vtec solenoid oil screen being semi clogged. Also, check your plugs. How much mileage on the car?

its got 130 on it. ill check the plugs and gasket tomorrow. than you for the info

hrm, yeah. Also could probably use a valve adjustment. Also possible poor fuel delivery, like a semi clogged fuel sock in the tank, etc.

ahhh i may pull the seat out and check the sock

oil level

oil level is perfect

Well i checked all that shit and nothing. still running like poop when vtec hits

Do you have a CEL by any chance?

are you using any type of vtec controllers to have it kick in at a lower rpm?

Can you tell if VTEC is staying engaged once it hits? It could be cutting in and out of VTEC due to a bad ground or other loose connection.

As previously mentioned your fuel delivery might be the problem, potentially an old partlially clogged fuel filter or fuel pump going bad or suffering from less than ideal voltage supply (which may also be due to a crappy ground)