03 sunfire, squeeking rear brakes.

03 sunfire, about 40k miles on it.

My girlfriend bought this car about six months ago, the owner put new tires on it, and new front brakes/rotors.

The rear brakes are squeeking like hell, and once in a blue moon they will grind a little bit.

They squeek more often when they are cold, but they squeek once in a while when they are warm as well.

I tried “adjusting” the brakes by applying them in reverse a few times, and by using the handbrake more often in park.

That didn’t do anything.

What should I look at back there? The shoes aren’t grinding like crazy, so they have some meat on them still.

pull the drums off and get clean everything down with break clean. Brake dust and other things build up in the drums and cause this. At least this is what had caused it when I ran into it a few years back on a few other GM cars.

correct.Pull the drums off and take a look at them.They are probably 10 dollar shoes. takes some 200 grit sand paper sand the shoes a little.Clean everything with brake clean. Make sure you do not have any seepage from your wheel cylinders. You should be good to go.

she buy it from Ray Laks? Blue with manual windows?

Nah we brought it in from long island. Thing has every option, even a dick massager.

i was gonna say, my g/f just traded in her sunfire with just under 40k on it and it sold the next week and you’re in the same area.