Squeaky Brakes

Not knowing alot about cars… where is the best place to get brakes done that won’t screw me with huge labor costs? Does anyone here have any deals they can hook me up with or anything?

2004 Jeep Liberty Sport
51,500 miles

(Just incase it matters.)

Do them yourself its really easy. buy some rotors and pads and have at it.

considering that you live in NT and so do I, I guess I would be willing to help…or pester NitroInsane( he loves doing brakes)

yea man, i used to be scared to do that crap…its not hard at all, have someone help you so you know what your doing for next time :tup:

you can bring it to my house any day of the week that is nice, and not rainy. Call World Discount for your brake parts, they are pretty cheap, and not bad quality for a normal DD

brakes are a good start to beefing up ur mechanical abilities

He does not like 1997 Honda Accord SE brakes…

squeeky brakes doesn’t usually mean something needs to be replaced.

Maybe you need some dielectric grease on the back of the pads dude?

The gf’s neon did that, had newer pads and newer discs on it, just needed more grease on the back of the pads, sounds silent now.

um, or it could just be the wear sensors on the pads…which if he hasn’t changed the brakes in a long time, is probably the answer…anyway seems you have a few people offering to help…if you want just shoot me a PM or something and let me know.

iam out at 6 tomorrow ill be more then willing toi help yah

GREASE. GREASE. GREASE. [size=5]GREASE.[/size]

u mean the 1997 reason i bought a slide hammer iam ready for the next

I should’ve probably mentioned in the first post that they are my rear brakes which I know are different than my front ones. I don’t know what parts I need otherwise I’d order them up for sure.

it dont matter to me u can bring it by then we can go buy parts

Are you free over the weekend at some point?

Brakes are done. I did them myself, with a little help from my father since I’ve never done them before. Damn they were easy. No more squeaky front brakes. So doing my brakes cost me all of $25 and a little labor. 10000x better than taking it to a shop to get it done. :tup: :slight_smile:

what did u do to it?

Ummm… change the brake pads?

yeah its a matter of like 3 bolts (not counting the wheels lol) so its really easy…

Sometimes rotors can be a real bitch especially if you have driven through several winters because those bitches will fuse to the studs THATS a fun time

lol you just changed the pads…didnt cut/replace the rotors?