ugh car annoyance...

ok so when i hit the brakes and have the wheel turned any bit to the left i get a squeaking coming from the right front. sounds like some metal on metal, the kind of nails on a chalk board sound (it sucks) however when i am braking and have the wheel rotated to the right…NO SOUNDS YEAAAH!!!

wtf is the possible problems???

cliffs: wheel to the left = right brake sqeaks when braking, wheel to the right = normal

thank you guys in advance.

wheel bearing??

if it’s only on the brakes then i’ll go with the fact that you need new pads or have a sticking caliper?

wheel bearing would be loud off the brakes too!

uhhh i have no idea, i am retarded when it comes to cars

if i take off the wheel what would i look for??

a brake iper and a disc,u can,t miss it :dunno:

yeah…i understand that

but what would i look for that would give a clue to the noise

loose bolts and or bare or guaged metal

get a new car

what kind of car is it?

96 Grand Am GT

ha i know you hate my car!
and i will be soon enough

that thing breaks more then a ford does

buy a silver Golf! we can start a silver VW car club!

It could be either brakes or bearingings. Turning the wheel with the brakes on would put more pressure on that bearing, so it might be starting to go. Also, there are times people complain about not having good brakes and it turns out to be such a bad bearing that it’s letting the rotor flop around. Take a quick look at the pads and also see if there’s a lot of dust. If the pads and rotors look fine (no crazy marks on the rotor face) then I’d look at replacing the bearings. How many miles are on the car and when was the last time the brakes were worked on?

he wants a GLI and he does not like us silver folk… poop on him

guessing wheel bearing… :dunno:

Wheel bearings generally would make noise regardless of which direction you’d be turning. Just take a look at your right front. Its not very hard to tell . Could be just the clip that holds against the pad rubbing on your disc unless its more advanced wear than that.

I remember working on that thing. :kekegay:

yea yea yea

samecar, same shit…
just get me till august till i can buy a new GLI…

mike, when you comin back to do it PSK style???
i’m sure brrrrrrrrrrrizzzzzard will bring his g/f :slight_smile:
oh im so cantttt ty[eeee drundaaaaaaaaaaaaaakduedddddddxzczg
kthx