03 yz450f suspension

This is kind of a long shot but I picked up an 03 yz450f with a factory connection suspension that is sprung a little too harsh for my weight. By my guesstimates on the race tech website they’d be good for someone that weights 210-230 and was racing motocross. I only weigh about 140lbs so i’d like to trade this fully worked suspension (valved, sprung, and dialed in by factory connection) which is about a $1000 ordeal for some factory forks and shock + cash. This suspension is the cats ass but unfortunetly it would be almost impossible for me to gain 70 lbs haha.

It should be fully adjustable. soften it up a bit.

ha with it backed all the way out its still wayyyy too stiff…keep in mind the stock suspension is set up for about a 180lb rider, front fork stock spring rate is 0.46, 0.49 is what is in it right now and race tech suggest a 0.45 for my weight. Also the race tech springs I put in my ktm are .42 lmao. So adjusting it won’t get it to where I want it, with the compression backed out to the max i think i’d have a tough time finding a happy medium with the rebound and the current valving. If there aren’t any takers I suppose I can just throw the stock rear spring on that I have and buy a new set of fork springs and deal with the valving issues.

Shit, those are stiff. I just figured they where adjusted way stiff. I weigh as much as you and I like my stuff set up for 190-200 lbs as most suggest.
I’ll let my buddy know he might want these for his raptor.

I agree with you, ktm125sx stock fork spring rate is a 0.41 so i like it to be a bit stiffer. I could work with stock but the way the yz is set up is very unforgiving. My concern about putting just the spring rates back to stock is the valving and other internal work that was done by factory connection, I’m not sure what type of handling issues might arise when i just throw a set of springs in, might upset the balance and handling. I called factory connection and of course they want me to send it in and have them rework everything but wtf I dont have $1000 to dump in to an 03, they couldn’t give me a straight answer about just swapping springs either.