04/22/2007 ECC-N WNY Event 1 Thread

[quote=“articzap,post:196,topic:27647"”]

Dude in the Z3 was nuts thats for sure.

[/quote]

I wasn’t even there and I can tell you that was Randy Zimmer. :slight_smile:

pics will be up whenever they get emailed to me. i didnt get many , maybe 75 or so, but most of them should be decently clear

it wasnt my camera, so it took me some time before i was able to rattle off multiple pics in a row, and i didnt have a tripod

definantly time for me to get my own camera, lol

good timezzz with you guys :slight_smile: we got some pics of most of the nyspeeders… maybe we’ll get some up later.

i’m soo tired from the sun. time for a nap.

just saw Zong’s car over at northtown … sad to see that much damage from a simple autoX

i was working that station (#7) and almost got hit by zong if the curb wasnt there. crazy, zong, youll get back in there in no time, sorry for your loss, hope to see you at dunnville on the 15th… or sooner

I think Zong’s car will be fine. I’m sure the trunk got bent when he landed and all he’ll need is a wheel, control arm and a new sway bar end link.

As for the safety of the course, there were 2 close calls in the slalom at the same spot, but that happens, the 3rd cone is always where the spins are, in too hot, late on the seconds, way late on the 3rd and around you go.

sucks that I missed out on all the action being stuck at the pharmacy. I’ll be there for event 2 though.

front wheel + w/e else the front needs

rear wheel & tire, all the control arms, possibly a strut, possibly a bearing, possibly a half shaft, swaybar endlink, possibly a sway bar (endlink reached its deflection limit)

and the tires pinned against some plastic stuff in the wheel well IIRC

While it really sucks that it happened, Zong will bounce back, and with a better car. No one got hurt, and that’s all that really matters.

It was a good first event. The weather was nice. Only a few hiccups with equipment that I will iron out for the next event. I hope everyone had a good time. And for those that came to watch and didn’t run - I hope you will want to try it next event.

what happened to his car…?

[quote=“Bsp TC,post:210,topic:27647"”]

what happened to his car…?

[/quote]

lost control and hit the curb

Vids coming later!

For future reference, I ALWAYS have plenty of sunscreen. So if you forget some, just come over and ask.

Edit: At the next events I’ll be in a Boxster with a pink helmet, can’t really miss me…don’t be shy!

I didnt see what happened to Zong… was in grid at the time and just heard “Uh, I think were going to need a jack…” over the intercom and figured I’d be there a while.

I “ran” the course 14 times… 5 were my own run, I rode with Chris in the Elise 4 times, rode with Anatoly in his MR2 Spider 4 times, and rode with Alan in an STI once.

Really wish I could have gotten one more run… but such is life! Was great seeing everyone again, and meeting some new faces.

You had sunscreen??!?!?

Lol, I think everyone there today forgot theirs. We’re still stuck in Apriil mindset. We all figured, April in Buffalo, we won’t get burned!!

[quote=“speedracer329,post:205,topic:27647"”]

i was working that station (#7) and almost got hit by zong if the curb wasnt there. crazy, zong, youll get back in there in no time, sorry for your loss, hope to see you at dunnville on the 15th… or sooner

[/quote]

I worked station 7 about 45 minutes before the incident. It was not a good place to be. I was getting ready to run for about 75% of the cars coming through there.

I was working station 4 across the way when it actually happened. It was loud. I hope everything pans out for him. At least no one was hurt!

BTW, I am also deeply regretting not wearing sunscreen.

Zong, sorry man, that was terrible to see my car’s brother hurt.

Sunscreen- wore it, still burned to shit.

Im beat, must sleep.

fun times :tup:

[quote=“Tunerfreak,post:194,topic:27647"”]

i loved the 3 wheeling evo too he was crazy

[/quote]

That’s not an EVO - it’s a tricycle!

George M (AS 91)

[quote=“psychopjv,post:195,topic:27647"”]

ohhhh and the 07 mini with the blown motor!!!

[/quote]

Do you mean blown as in turbo or did Mike blow his motor up?

Both