05 Sentra SE-R Spec V

I’m just looking at the specs (and price) and it doesn’t seem all too bad for a play/every day car, its something I can afford and the performance…well pretty good for now, its no WRX or 240 or Silvia or GTR (lol) but what are your opinions and the potential for this car? Is it fun enough to drive and at the same time experiment with? (except its front wheel drive argh!)

FWD is not that bad. It just takes a little more work to get it to the same handleing point as RWD. Your best bet would be talking to someone like Kris (pyrexx) and listening to what he has to tell you. They are really nice cars in my opinion but i have never driven one.

unless a Silvia or 240sx appears in immaculate condition for an immaculate price the Sentra is probably up there right now, actually kinda’ second to the Impreza WRX (don’t hurt me :lol: ) I just want to have a decent first car that will require little maintenance…

I like mine. Feel free to ask any questions.

Are you financing or buying out right? Do you have another car as a daily driver? That should help you narrow down what you need and want.

For price and specs you should visit www.nissan.ca. You can either get the sport package or the Brembo package. Nice little fun car. Quite a bit of aftermarket stuff for it too. If you’ve got any question you can email me.

Max

I’d love to get an all wheel drive car, Nissan Skyline or of course a 240sx but for now I just want something that I can drive every day. I’m liking the hp and torque, seems like a fun car to play with and the weight isn’t all too bad either. I’m thinking of financing it too so its all mine and what not, gonna’ use they’re incentive they give to grads and as for aftermarket, has anyone turboed their Sentra?

well how much are u paying for the 05 sentra fully loaded

u can find decent 180’s and silvia’s from not more than 10 large … and gt-s type M’s that are in decent condition for 11 or so

well for the price of a new sentra you could get this

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=1171767&pgno=2

ya cause thats such a good deal eh? :roll:

well it would save him the effort of having to source the parts find someone you trust to install it. wait for the car to be done, wait for paint,etc ,etc. i guess if some kid has a rich daddy its there for him.

so they can pay out the ass? for some ugly ass s14 sorry im just not a fan of that car at all

Yeah its ugly and overpriced. Could be a nice car with some de-ricing.

o i agree its totally over done, but that why i said for some rich kid who thinks the fast and the furious is “da bomb” it would be perfect. lol
:axe:

Another option to think of would be to buy a 180/Silvia/240/Skyline/300 whatever, and get a cheap beater car for if/when the nice one has problems.

You’ll still be ahead in terms of money.

I plan on buying something (91-ish :smiley: )for under 10k and having payments under $300 per month.

[quote=“2003specv”]Another option to think of would be to buy a 180/Silvia/240/Skyline/300 whatever, and get a cheap beater car for if/when the nice one has problems.

You’ll still be ahead in terms of money.

definetly…

Dude, there is an AMAZING 300zx in Spruce Grove here right now:
http://www.buysell.com/showad.asp?id=43656048

As for the Spec - it’s a great, fun little car. It’ll never be a hugely horsepowered world beater, no matter how many parts you put into it, but if you like handling it’s one of your best FWD bets. Car and Driver had it outslaloming a WRX by almost 2 MPH:!:

Yes, there are quite a number of turbo Specs around, in fact, Silverboost in Calgary has one. A lot of turboed cars in the US are proving to be quite reliable, with the most driven ones around 20K miles since the turbo install. Expect to pay about 4K US for the turbo kit.

But before that, you can do all kinds of mods like sway bars, cams, header/intake/exhaust, etc. to make more power and have better handling without it getting stupid. Come to the meet here on Sunday and I’ll take you out for a rip in my car so you can see what it’s like. If you have any questions, feel free to PM them to me! :slight_smile:

Oh, and then there is this:

1. our aftermarket isn’t that great - especially if you’re used to the honda one.
  2. Go for the Brembos if you’re going to track the car at all.
  3. Don’t get the Brembos if you want to have an easy time finding aftermarket wheels. :E

To the guys that say you’re ahead if you buy a used car - yeah, that’s fine. But there is some crazy appeal to new cars that have ONLY been driven by you. If my car were to get totalled, I don’t think I’d buy another new car for awhile, but there is a definate pride in driving a brand new car that you put your money down on. :slight_smile: Remember, buying used cars is a wise financial choice, buying a NEW car is COMPLETELY desire-based. :slight_smile:

Looks like another shady JDM Z32.

Looks like another shady JDM Z32.[/quote]

with some shady sa3r’s on it!

Since I do love the all wheel drive aspect I wouldn’t mind a Skyline and just to satisfy my fancy I’m looking into a Silvia/180sx too but for some reason I’m kinda’ weary getting a JDM car for my first car. But I’m actually still considering it, its just so many choices out there, what will really benefit me in the long run ‘cause I want to be able to try out new thing like working on the motor, installing this and that on it, I guess the only con to expirementing with a brand new car if I screw something up its gonna’ be costly where as I screw something up on a not so new car then I guess it won’t be too bad 'cause of the abundance of parts out there…oh the dilemma… :?

ps: I’ll hopefully make it out to the meeting too