08,07 STis/Evos battle it out.

tsukuba.

guess who wins?

(and stolen from nasioc.com)

ha as soon as you said nasioc it was obvious who won. the vid is awesome. We’ve all been reading about the new Evo and STi in magazines for months, and without one word in english that vid does a better job of comparing them.
also, so much for the “amazing” clutchless manual everyone one has been raving about. although, if they were to put a bunch of amateur racers together, I bet that it would be an advantage, so maybe for the weekend warrior it would seem faster.

Cool video. I was going to comment on the starting positions at first, but the Subaru’s were so far ahead by the end, that it seems to have not mattered. I wonder if the USDM models compare similarly.

:clap:

noice

The evo IX would of caught up and passed the previous gen STI, but definately not the new one.

The new evos are not so fast

For curiosity’s sake, what do you base this on?

The best lap times at the end of the vid, and how evo IXs have always beat STIs in similar comparisions

Evo IV’s or IX’s ?

ooops edited

both are pigs but the sti is less piggy for sure. And a nicer looking pig. That exo looks like an audi that got riced out by that shark hood neaon guy.

Isn’t the new STi in the vid the 2.0L? Its got an 8k redline so I don’t think its the 2.5L.

You’re correct for sure although i do like my torque down low for that butt dyno happiness.

i’d rather rev to 8

you would goddamn ricer.

Mhm. I wish I had those guys jobs.
I can’t wait for a few more years when I trade the wrx in on an sti.
Although I do like the new sedans over the hatches

really? the new sedan looks terrible. I don’t know why they even bothered making it since the US is the only place where you can find that god aweful thing.

its right hand drive and in japan. pretty sure its the 2.0 that revs to 8 grand.

it is a amazing sound riding in a 2.0 boxer at over 7500 rpm.

if only my little turbo pushed enough air at those rpms.

Nice video, I’m still partial t an Evo VIII though.

thanks for the link I was trying to show some one how much of a pig the new Evo X is… compared to the Evo VIII or IX…

But the 8k redline on that STI is hottt to bad you cant get that here…