08 Colbalt SS TURBO

And yes thats right Turbo! I thinks its kinda cool 260 hp 14 sec 1/4 and big ricer wing as an option:eekdance:
heres the link —>http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0803_2008_chevrolet_cobalt_ss_first_drive

actually sounds kinda good

SS/SC > SS/TC

:slight_smile:

i think that the LSJ is a stronger engine than the LNF so you’re better off ditching the supercharger on the LSJ. but i do want the brembos off of the ss/tc

You sir are an idiot.

oh yeah. why?

Wheres your proof to make such a statement. The LNF just hasn’t had the time in the market like the LSJ. Direct injection > LSJ.

really? the LNF has been out in the solstice for a while. i don’t really know much about the engine, just going by peoples opinions hence why i said i think. i don’t even know too much about the LSJ, i never have a lot of time to read up on it

LNF is catching a really bad rep because there is no tuning right now.

55 more horse and still in the 14’s :tdown:
now turboed :tup:

The gearing is a bit to tall to go faster.

yeah i did know that about it. is there something holding it back from being able to be tuned?

thats cool. i hope they did something about first gear. its too fucking short its useless. i know a lot of people have been turning the boost down to like 5lbs in first to help out with traction.

http://fastfieros.com/NEW_manual_transmission_ratios.htm

I said taller gearing. I mean taller axle ratio.

yeah ive been wondering between this and the solistice/sky turbos, i know that im sorta neon oriented but even the srt-4 and the pt cruiser with the identical engine had 15% LESS power and theyre both a half second ahead of 4 banger gm pack, especially suprised with the sky considering its RWD i believe but i could be wrong

SRT4 is lighter though if I’m not mistaken.

i thought the difference between lnf and lsj were the heads. same blocks. and there is tuning for the LNF. There are two companies offering tunes as well as aftermarket for the sky/solstices.

whats the curb weight of an srt-4?

cobalt is around 2800

I guess since I was banned from SS.net, I missed out on these tuning companies.

have to go to the sky/solstice forums

My cobalt with full interior and my 240 lb ass in it weighed in at 3071 lbs at englishtown. We’ll see what the ss/tc does with a good driver in it soon enough.

but still, 45 more horse should be able to support 200+ pounds and then some with ease, 200 pounds to 45 hp is like a horse wearing a saddle, my buddies 6hp go cart is a fucking rocket with me in it, but im not exactly heavy