08' cts

he said all motor, not turbocharged

Why not spend few grand more and get an actual European sport sedan like a 3 Series or a C Class (The new one is so hot!)

Why, is the CTS a fake European sports sedan? :gotme:

torque is not hp

time for :beer2:

I’d say the 335 is equivlent to the above mention caddy…

same hp…same type of car…yet the bimmer is 10 grand more.

yeah i caught that after i posted :slight_smile:

I agree. I like the New Caddies. THey are a lot better car then the Domestic Haters (doublej) give them credit for. I lvoe how they will hate on a car because of who makes it woith out having any experience with either car or anyhting in its class.

Actually, I have had quite a bit of experience with both late model Cadillacs and cars that I guess could be grouped into the same class, but realistically, the Caddy’s still aren’t quite there. I have driven literally thousands of cars at my old job, in many cases spending multiple hours at a time behind the wheel. I went in with an open mind, but I found myself almost always disappointed by domestic products. It always seems like the domestics fall short in a number of categories that foreign manufactures seem to hit on. Cadillacs are typically cheesy knockoffs of what other luxury manufactures do so well. They try to win sales by being the price point of almost every segment, which is challenging given the high cost of producing a car here. When that doesn’t work, they toss in incentives like huge rebates and attractive financing. So corners get cut, and it shows in the final product.

Another point that is being ignored is how well will these cars hold up. I can think of a number of domestics that initially seemed like great cars, but after time, turned out to be yet another story of under achievement. My favorite example is the Contour SVT. When they were new, they were a great sports sedan. I personally loved driving them. Once they started aging, all of the gremlins that plagued Contours started showing up. I remember a guy that I worked with had one, and the entire dashboard started to fall off to the point that it wobbled by hand. It wasn’t old at all, maybe 3 years old with 60K on the clock. They had numerous problems that were just not acceptable in this day and age.

I have criticisms of imports too. Just typically less than what I have of domestics, and they all stem from real world experiences.

ewh to each their own, but the caddy kicks in my eyes…plus caddy’s seem to hold their own pretty good, my buddy has a 91 deville? with about 200K on it, never had to fix anything and just now is the tranny starting to act up…I know guys with 5 series that have nothing but trouble…all in all caddy is moving up and it shows