2014 CTS (now 2016 CTS-V included)

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18im59os32iwyjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18im54n96hdowjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18im55kssvwhsjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

Baseline, 3.6 liter V6 producing 320-hp, and a new, 3.6-liter, twin-turbo V6 producing 420-hp. That 420-hp 3.6 will put power down by way of an eight speed autobox, good for 0-60 in 4.6 seconds.

More:

I like it but it might be bigger then the old one?

It is bigger, but hopefully that does not mean heavier. The current CTS is too close in size to the ATS. This will be more 5 series sized.

Any hints internally about the V yet?

Just rumors that I have heard; 600+ hp TT V8

Sounds like an impressive engine…

The art & science look is maturing nicely :tup: That’s better looking than all the spy shots I’ve seen so far.

So far it looks like 4 engine options:
2.0-liter 4-cylinder turbo with 272 bhp
3.6-liter V6 DI with 321 bhp
3.6-liter V6 TT with 420 bhp / 430 lb-ft
CTS-V

The front looks great, the back looks like a fucking Buick.

Fixed. And how could you forget to post the wagon:

am i the only one that thinks the front looks a lot like a C-class mercedes?

I have heard multiple people mention it looks like a MB. I see a lot of the Ciel concept back from 2011.

Compared to the outgoing CTS, the new model is 4.2 inches longer (riding on a 1.2-inch longer wheelbase) and nearly an inch shorter in overall height, though the 2014 model is actually narrower by three-tenths of an inch,
Cadillac worked to save weight wherever possible with the new CTS, and thus, lots of aluminum bits are used outside, most notably on the doors, bumpers and in many other exterior components. All in, the new CTS (in base form) weighs in at 3,616 pounds – 244 pounds lighter than the current 3.0-liter base model and roughly 200 pounds lighter than a similarly equipped BMW 528i sedan.

For the first time, Cadillac will also offer a Vsport version of the CTS – sort of like what BMW does with its M Sport cars. This highest-performance CTS (until the legit CTS-V shows up) uses the twin-turbo V6, eight-speed automatic and model-specific features like aluminum 18-inch wheels with Pirelli summer tires, a quicker steering ratio, Brembo disc brakes, a heavy-duty track cooling package, an electronic limited-slip differential and a driver-selectable track mode.

I really thought eventually this look would grow on me but I still just don’t like it.

It really looks a lot like a Benz. Too much, I think.

I see a lot of guys kicking on the XTS on various (other) websites, but I think they are stunning. I know the XTS isn’t gong to be a performance competitor for the Eurosedans like the CTS, but for a nice, full size sedan the XTS certainly has my attention.

Can’t wait to see the V!!! Also nice to hear its lighter

Really? Its poor proportions (huge overhangs) remind me of the B15 Sentra. It’s no Olds Aurora, that’s for sure…

6.2-liter LT4 V8, tuned to 640 horsepower and 630 pound-feet of torque. With rear-wheel drive, launch control and the eight-speed automatic transmission, Cadillac says the 2016 CTS-V will sprint to 60 miles per hour in just 3.7 seconds, on its way to a top speed of 200 miles per hour. A carbon-fiber hood, front splitter, rear spoiler and diffuser that are super light and aid with aerodynamics and weight reduction – all of which will be available as an optional package for folks who like the exposed carbon look.

Pretty sweet, are they going to make a CTS V Coupe again? Funny I literally dreamed about the old CTS V Coupe last night and looked on autotrader for a used one when I woke.

Shipped a few lt4’s that didn’t say corvette on them a few weeks back to Michigan. Only made sense that this was what it was but couldn’t really comment.