ATS-V

Details and pictures are starting to roll out. I have driven the auto version of this engine in the CTS and XTS V-sport model and wasn’t all that impressed. Maybe the manual and weight reduction of the ATS will help it out.

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/GLOB/crop/594x360+29+0/resize/628x381!/format/jpg/quality/85/http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/d1f365475f02284b87b69dd718eb4218/201073203/001cadillac-ats-v-1.jpg

3.6TT with 450 horsepower and 445 pound-feet of torque. In glorious news for driving enthusiasts everywhere, that potent mill will be available with either a six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic.

According to R&T, the engine has a heap of high-performance tech to let it make the extra ponies, including titanium connecting rods, two water-to-air intercoolers, titanium turbines for the turbos and an additional radiator dedicated to cooling the gearbox and electronically locking differential. Keeping it all planted are a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, and a suspension with 50 percent more roll stiffness. Weight at 3,600 lbs

Nice!

I drove the cts-v coupe a few years ago, I liked it a lot. Was when it first came out about and turned lots of heads, not sure how it compares to this though. Looks good

I love everything about this car except the fact they chose the turbo 6 over the LT1.

I’m going to mistake these as CTS-Vs for years to come.

A tune really wakes up that turbo 6. Totally changed the feel of my CTS Vsport. I love it.

I’ve driven my father in law’s ATS with the NA V6 and was surprisingly impressed. Handled pretty well and had decent power for what it is. This would seriously make me look into grabbing one; athough I’ll still lean towards the 4D CTS-V instead; little more “business” appropriate.

I’m just waiting for someone to be “surprised” it weighs 3,600 lbs :ham:

i was with a fellow auto-industry guy the other day and made a comment about how Lincoln was so far behind the Euro stuff and Caddy was still playing catch up… also commented that the jap offerings were better than their US contemporaries at all levels.

he challenged me on it model for model and I realized that for what feels like the first time in my life the US auto-makers are actually better than the Asian stuff at most levels and pretty much right there with the Euro stuff quite often.

this ATS-V is quite interesting.

True power lies in the turbo.

Fixed

I had to read your post twice because at first I thought you said Lincoln was far behind and playing catch up, and then realized you said lincoln is far behind and Cadillac is playing catch up.

I have no real experience with any newer luxury sports cars, but I feel like since 2009 with the CTS V coming out Cadillac was almost exceeding at least against the Asian/jap luxury cars. Obviously everyone loves the German cars for quality and finish, but I feel Cadillac is not playing catch up. They’re starting to be on the same level, and I feel are more impressive than any Acura, Lexus, or Infiniti.

but this is obviously just my opinion because I have no interests in any Acura Infiniti or Lexus, although I think Lexus may have finally made a car with 450hp? A little late though…

Meh, Caddy has been at the same level as the Germans or better for most of the last 10 years. Many just think of them differently because it was a notion they weren’t used to.

This ATS-V is going to blow probably any of its competitors in the same price range out of the water.

so what cars would this compete with? M3?

I would say it falls between the 235 and M4 somewhere.
It’s probably well matched to the S4 and CLA AMG

I think they didn’t do a good job with the styling. the front is too sporty for the ultra bland rest of the car.

I was thinking the same thing when it comes to the sides and rear, I don’t know why they didn’t like flare the fenders and quarters to give it a meaner wider aggressive profile.

Ehh I have ridden in a sts v and a cts v and aside from the great power train the interior felt cheap and stereo sucked. Just my .2 tho

Sent from my iPhone 6

If you cover the nose with you hand and then do the same thing with this 2000 solara they’re almost the same

http://images.thecarconnection.com/med/2000-toyota-camry-solara-se_100028422_m.jpg

^^ I think you can do that with most cars though.

so some extent, but this one more than others.