'08 impreza

time for the gf to get a new car. we are looking at a 5-speed 5 door with the premium package. anybody have one?

any advice/suggestions would be appreciated :slight_smile:

i think sedlemeyer101 has one
i think i butchered his name.

horrible MPG.

i have one. outback sport. 100% loaded.

i like it.

mpg sucks. i get 20 city. but thats not why i got it… awd for cheap ftw. highway i was getting 27-30mpg

yeah, awd is a must so i expect to take a small hit in fuel economy. it was either this or the sx4, and the impreza is just way nicer

recommended dealer?

all the local ones seem to be $1-1.5k higher than rochester/syracuse ones :frowning:

i bought mine in burlington, vermont. no bs, no hassles. Then again i bought 4 cars from dealers in the past so i dont let them hassle me. I dont know how many cars you have purchased, but bring someone if you dont have experience. they LOVE when people walk in with no car buying experience.

good luck. if you want to drive it where you are, pick out all your options, ill call up my salesman here to see what he can do for you… I just drove by the lot today and they have tons of imprezas.

I have a 4-door sedan 08’ wrx.

I personally love it. The styling grew on me big time… the wrx isn’t too great on gas compared to other compact cars (I average 22 this winter)
Where I live, you need awd to get up my driveway…I also slid off into my uncles lawn which had a foot of snow and I plowed right through it.
They didn’t have any specials for my car…but I got it for invoice.
The imprezas (2.5i) have sweet deals…like no money down and 200$ a month leases…and 0% financing ect ect.

Overall. For the money, you get a great motor and awd for under $20K

i’ve only bought one from a dealer before, but at least i have somewhat of an idea of how things work.

i think we will just be pretty straight-forward and let them know we have similar offers elsewhere for a lesser amount, and see how much they can come down. i dont believe northtown had the exact combo we wanted, but i think that can be worked out.

we qualified for the 0% financing, but it was only for 24 months!

it does seem like a lot of car for the money

yeah, subaru doesn’t have great financing… When I bough my wrx… it said 2.9%…but when I got in there they said it was only for 24 months. I wanted to have a lower payment so I opted for teh 4.9% for 48 mo.

The wrx is a few grand more…but you will love the extra power…but you will get bit by the mod bug.

For some reason Subaru claims better MPG with an auto tranny… which doesn’t make sense. Get a 5spd for pure fun. The 2.5 N/A isn’t fast by any means but with 170hp it’s comparable to it’s competion (4cly accord/camry)

And we don’t even need to go into subarus crash testing… A+++ there.
Some guy on NASIOC totaled his new impreza and walked away…and it was bad!

my brother has one…other than the MPG…nice car…

i drove the 08 wrx hatch, it was a nice car. ^note how many people have negatively commented the gas mileage though

trying pretty hard to keep it under 20k

luckily she will be driving it most of the time, so i wont have to worry about power, heh

i usually only get 23-25 mpg in my rsx in the winter, so low 20’s for a heavier awd car doesnt really seem too bad

SI01 works at Northtown Subaru, PM him

if you’re getting 23-25 from an RSX, then you’ll get 12-15 in this, I want to say a wrx will do better because it’s not as underpowered for its weight.

my GF has an 03 2.5ts wagon, and I get worse MPGs then I get from my evo… and I don’t drive her car hard.

I have an ex-gf with an rsx-s and when I flogged that to death I couldn’t get under 30.

heavier and wrx don’t go together…the wrx is actually quite light for a modern sedan.

I believe the curb weight for the 2008 wrx is 3,150. I’m guessing the regular impreza would be even lighter because of no turbo/intercooler ect…

i meant heavier than my rsx

test drove it today… wasnt impressed at all… didnt feel like a 20k car to me… i would not get one the pick up was eh and there was somthing that i didnt like about the gear box too much… idk it seemed loud too… for a stock car…