08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

to each there own my man. glad to see u actually have a real car now and not a pos that will blow up 4x over again.

Hey guys. Ive got a blue evo x in clifton park. ive been posting under my friend’s username black_bb4 for a while but finally decided to get my own account again.

evo x
ams intake
ams test pipe
ams dual exhaust
xtremeboost 02 housing/downpipe with wastegate dump.
getting tuned July 19th.

would love to see some of these x’s some time.

i got tuned sunday. put down 297 whp on a low reading dyno dynamics dyno in 86 degree heat. The tuner said i shoulda broke 300 whp no problem but after 10+ runs my car was heat soaking and losing power on each pull. Since it was a dyno day, we didnt have time to let the car cool off and i had to settle 3 hp away from my goal.

My baseline was 218 whp with an intake and full turbo back.
right before me a x with catback/test pipe/drop in filter baselined 171 whp
and a x with intake, uicp, and catback baselined 182 whp.

overall i was happy with the results and picked up 79 hp
297whp on this dyno is probably well into the 330s on a dynojet or similar reading dyno.
yesterday i ran a upgraded turbo sti that made 379whp on a dynapack. I pulled about one length on him from 40-110 or so.

http://i25.tinypic.com/15cftac.jpg

sorry to jack your thread. just wanted to post the results. If you want me to delete my post and make my own thread i will. I plan on making my own build thread in the upcoming weeks. I would really love to see your car!

nice power dude, who t00ned it?

whats up dude. i was in the silver evo you raced a couple days ago
nice numbers.

Dg motors on long island

There’s no such thing as a ‘low reading’ or ‘high reading’ or whatever dyno. Dyno’s read whatever they’re programmed to read. You need to look at hp gained and % gained before and after. +79 hp is pretty solid but I would have expected more w/ the o2 eliminator downpipe. What does your boost spike/taper to? afr’s?

PS looks like you’re missing a degree of timing around 6100 rpm :wink: And other places…or your car is yanking timing…or you boost is funky…either way you shouldn’t plummit 30whp in 300 rpm. I’d be on the phone w/ them immediately if no sooner and see wtf is going on.

car looks awesome, love the new wheels also.

Thank you.

i met up with justin on wednesday… car is hot. i love the stance dropped on eibachs.

Yup, and I just shoehorned a red, 800’s, and an HKS core into the project last night so Some good numbers will be in order soon :wink:

do you have the black x with hks intercooler? my friend said he saw a pb x with hks ic today on central. what other mods?

see post #92.

That’s my car tool :slight_smile: The big swinging dick turbo is in along with HKS FMIC and DeatchWerk 800cc injectors :slight_smile:

lol wait so do you and boxer six have the same mods
cause hes takling about just putting in a red and hks ic
i feel retarded.

hows the red feel. is it fine on your current tune?

youre baller as hell with all these hks parts, shits expensive.

The mods he was referring to were the ones he put in this car.

BoxerSix=Adam Hennessy=the mad scientist who does all the work to my car. Those mods are what he installed on my Evo X. BoxerSix=does not have Evo X. Comprende Kimosabe?

Red feels fine - not really boosting right now til I go back to IveyTune Friday - buy parts tested that you know work - spend money ones - do it the right way - drive happy

Car should rip once its fully tuned