1 owner 88 GTI! Looks Like its BRAND NEW!

So one day I was at work and this guy came in to get some work done to his car. Well we got talking and he had a 98 glx that had issues that he wanted to sell. So when i went to pick it up he opened his garage and showed me his 88 gti. Which has never seen salt, or rain. I asked him if he would sell it, he told me never. Well i got a call saying he needed to sell it asap. So after working the price down I bought this GEM!!
Its a 88 Golf GTI 1.8 16v 5 speed. Now for some history. He always keep it in the garage under a cover, I have paperwork to prove that it is a one owner. The car has the original brakes, t belt water pump ect. only thing ever replaced was the tires and heater core.
The car has 38,000 miles on it!!! It also has this weird looking wing that the dealer installed for him.
It still needs a good cleaning but its too cold here to do it right now…
Guys I cant wait for the spring time to get it on the road and take it to shows!!!

nice pickup and welcome to shift :thumbup

Looks mint, welcome to the forum

where’s the headliner?

Nice.

they are common to break very easy with wind ect but i did pick one up for free in decent shape

damn, that thing is mint. Nice grab maynee

where did you find it? i swear this is one that a friend and i looked at over the summer.

yea its tht one haha. i kno the guy and he finially sold it to me at wht i wanted to pay

and now its seen salt after 22 years.

FAIL

Nice Dub broski! Welcome to the show. Sit down, shut up and hang on… its a bumpy ride here at Shift!

Very nice find, and welcome!

nice find man, man look at those tear drops…spotless!

WTF are you talking about??? i dont drive it haha its been driven once in the snow and it was when i brought it home, the car is spotless!!

F*uck yes they are u have no idea. they look ;like they came out of a box

the GTI really is spotless, i helped him throw a set of cams in it a few weeks ago.

wow that would be a dream to come across that car in that shape. i hope u take care of it!

Congrats! Nice find

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! :thumbup

cammed 16v’s are still quite slow. but sure are fun to drive.