1 owner 88 GTI! Looks Like its BRAND NEW!

but let me see ur mint 88 gti with under 40k idc how slow it is.

dude if it was mint it wouldnt have shit hanging down from under the dash, dirty, scuffed up door panels, a missing headliner, and stickers all over it.

Wtf is with the dynomax sticker? it has a dynomax muffler? fail.

it’s clean FOR an 88 gti, sure.

it’s low mileage also for sure.

in very good condition, sure, but MINT, BRAND NEW condition it is FAR from.

do NOT let my saying this offend you, I’m an asshole.

pretty clean mk2. you shoulda picked up the weitec’s my buddy just sold.

I had nothing good memories with my 89 MKII. It is truly the hotess hatch you can buy in NA back in the day.

does this thing have reciepts for ~88 oil changes? if not then it wasnt properly taken care of… kthnxbye

i dont have reciept but i do have a book that he wrote in when he changed it and he only changed it every 3000 miles dont hate

ok headliner missing is a mk2 comnmon problem, tht is the day i brought it home when i went to get it his driveway was muddy so thats my bad, stickers all over??? it has a autocros sticker and a muffler sticker on it, shit hanging from the dash?? :crazy u have to see it to relize how clean it is. there is not a scratch in the paint or any corrosion on the rims. all parts are original besides the tires…

so he changed it about every 2 years? thats takin AWESOME care of your car…

you took offense, sorry. I probably would too, it absolutely looks like a great example. she still needs some TLC though.

i kno where ur going on this but he never drove it so he never changed the oil unless it went 3k

ok…so ive driven my storm like 50 miles since ive owned it…almost 2 years…just because it sat for a while…does that mean i dont have to change the oil? ok sweet!

im just sayin…you cant just let oil sit for monthes and monthes…or even years…

would you let gas sit in your car all winter? for 2 years?

its not “mint” bro. and 16vs are slow without boost. ive had cammed up 1.8s, and a fully built autotech 2035 kit with the biggest TT cams you can get. still got pulled by my 91 VR6 gti.

Ive never seen a point in changing oil without driving the car. I change mine every 3000 miles and dont go by months or years.

And yeah the same gas stays in it during the winter. I didnt drain the tank in the year that my car didnt have a motor either and it started right up without a gas related problem once the new motor was in.

You are retarded :facepalm
If the previous owner said he changed the oil however many times and documented, he obviously cared about the car. So to even bring up the argument of the car not being maintained is stupid.

I don’t see where you get to come and rag on this GTI, thing is in awesome shape, maybe not “like new” but definitely in awesome shape for an '88. Just because you don’t/haven’t owned anything nearly as mint, don’t hate.

Oh, and I let gas sit in my cars all winter. Absolutely no point in draining it for the winter. Same with oil, if it’s fairly new/fresh, what’s going to happen?

Quit hating you chode.

what do u mean its not mint?? and i dont car if its fast. the fact is its a clean mk2 no rust, no scratches, no leaks, everything is original besides the tires

thanks dude. this thing drives better than my 2010 forte koup does.

thats just obvious btw.

thanks herb.

OP, car looks good. i saw it over the summer, was gonna call on it, but didn’t have the cash at the time…

Oil should be changed yearly, regardless of miles.

its not ,mint, mint = perfect. The headliner alone is enough to make it not mint, i dont care if they ripped out in all of them. The car is in awesome condition man, i just think your misusing the word mint.