turboSHO kills 3rd gear (ATX)

[quote=“MaximaSE98,post:31,topic:29341"”]

u do know tire speed ratinngs are per hour right…so lets say ur tires are rated for 140mph…thats means they will perform at 140mph for an constant hour the same way they do at 65 mph…it doenst mean u cant exceed 140mph on that tire…it just means anythign past 140mph for more than an 1 hr the tire wont have the same grip and wear characteristics like it woud at 140 and below

[/quote]

i’m aware of speed ratings but i’m not fond of running any tire up to 220-235mph so 4th is out of the question. The junk tires I have to run on the dyno will not hold steady traction on a dyno in second. Yes I have a 4 speed yes 3rd is 1:1 on the dyno at spinners I made 2 pulls in second and 2 in 3rd and there was a +7hp increase in third. upon further reasherch 3rd gear doesn’t command any slip from the tranny like second does, and it activates one of 2 clutch bands so instead of the clutch dragging it is locked up so there is a bit less friction. No TC lock is second sucks too so that is probably where i picked up the hp.

The only way you would want to dyno it is in 3rd 1:1

Any debate about dynoing in other gears is fucking stupid

idealy yes but on a low power car such as my car in stock form it doesn’t really mater