turboSHO kills 3rd gear (ATX)

should dyno it…gonna be a lot of skeptics until then…

[quote=“somedude,post:15,topic:29341"”]

the gear ration is altered by changing the sprocket size for the chain before any of the gears or clutches so essentialy by going to the 3.19 ratio i would be lessening the stress on the transmission. so to counteract that i would get heads and cams. also i think i would be back to completing the 1/4 mile in second gear.

[/quote]

Actaully that would increase the stress on 3rd, and greatly so on 4th. Second not so much as the wheels would probably still break traction.

[quote=“90NA300ZX,post:21,topic:29341"”]

should dyno it…gonna be a lot of skeptics until then…

[/quote]

i don’t really cares who doesnt believe me to be honest. i would love to hit the dyno but my 1:1 gear is now destroyed. so now i have to make a pull in second and i will likely have traction issues so why even bother. i can’t use 4th because i don’t have tires that will spin over 200mph. i really do want to know. i’m already the fastest 1/4 mile atx in the world i yould also like to have some dyno sheets to see if i’m the most powerfull which i highly doubt.

[quote=“somedude,post:23,topic:29341"”]

i i’m already the fastest 1/4 mile atx in the world

[/quote]

you sound like a superhero

so now i have to make a pull in second and i will likely have traction issues so why even bother

Whats wrong with doing a pull in 2nd? If u got up to 70-80mph and went WOT to do the run…I dont think you’ll spin.

If you make a pull in 2nd your dyno numbers are all fucked up…

You’re not going to spin on the dyno :lol:

But you shouldnt be doing the pull in 2nd, you should go in the gear higher than your 1:1 if your 1:1 is fucked.

Do they even make a dyno that can handle that much power?

:lol:

Worlds Ultimate Bolt On Car.

HAHAHAHA…dyno cant hadle the madd powa!

[quote=“somedude,post:23,topic:29341"”]

i don’t really cares who doesnt believe me to be honest. i would love to hit the dyno but my 1:1 gear is now destroyed. so now i have to make a pull in second and i will likely have traction issues so why even bother. i can’t use 4th because i don’t have tires that will spin over 200mph. i really do want to know. i’m already the fastest 1/4 mile atx in the world i yould also like to have some dyno sheets to see if i’m the most powerfull which i highly doubt.

[/quote]

u do know tire speed ratinngs are per hour right…so lets say ur tires are rated for 140mph…thats means they will perform at 140mph for an constant hour the same way they do at 65 mph…it doenst mean u cant exceed 140mph on that tire…it just means anythign past 140mph for more than an 1 hr the tire wont have the same grip and wear characteristics like it woud at 140 and below

You have what a 4speed auto tranny?

4th being over drive…

The only way you would want to dyno it is in 3rd 1:1

Any debate about dynoing in other gears is fucking stupid

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:32,topic:29341"”]

You have what a 4speed auto tranny?

4th being over drive…

[/quote]

yeah no 1:1 no dyno, get that shit fixed.
oh and :rolljerk: to everyone, this sho is like an old lady, an old fat lady, that only likes to be good when the air is the right temp and shes in the right mood.

Better a SHO than another fbody :ham:

[quote=“matter,post:33,topic:29341"”]

this sho is like an old lady, an old fat lady, that only likes to be good when the air is the right temp and shes in the right mood.

[/quote]

So it’s to hot for high boost? Or was the bottle empty? Or do you have a nasty hull in third and you need to lengthen the injector pulse?

[quote=“MaximaSE98,post:31,topic:29341"”]

u do know tire speed ratinngs are per hour right…so lets say ur tires are rated for 140mph…thats means they will perform at 140mph for an constant hour the same way they do at 65 mph…it doenst mean u cant exceed 140mph on that tire…it just means anythign past 140mph for more than an 1 hr the tire wont have the same grip and wear characteristics like it woud at 140 and below

[/quote]

i’m aware of speed ratings but i’m not fond of running any tire up to 220-235mph so 4th is out of the question. The junk tires I have to run on the dyno will not hold steady traction on a dyno in second. Yes I have a 4 speed yes 3rd is 1:1 on the dyno at spinners I made 2 pulls in second and 2 in 3rd and there was a +7hp increase in third. upon further reasherch 3rd gear doesn’t command any slip from the tranny like second does, and it activates one of 2 clutch bands so instead of the clutch dragging it is locked up so there is a bit less friction. No TC lock is second sucks too so that is probably where i picked up the hp.

idealy yes but on a low power car such as my car in stock form it doesn’t really mater