Figured id show a SINGLE pic of the turbo SHO project ...

this is all ya get :slight_smile:

ladies and gentlemen, the worlds SECOND turbocharged ATX Sho

if we were to paint the intercooler black, and reinstall the fog lights, you would not be able to see anything turbo related by the time were done.

it will simply look like a SHO with a inner fender mounted CAI (with filter box) and home made steel lower wheel sheilds

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=908

:tup: cool beans man. I like the custom intercooler brackets and hood prop. That thing is probably going to haul ass

needed a mount, saw some duct tape … and now the intercooler is guaranteed to stay attached all the way till 200mph :slight_smile:

duct tape is also holding the turbo in place, its a cheap alternative to silicone couplers, and i might even fashion oil lines out of it if i’m feeling saucy

paint that ish black

u sure its the only the second one in the world…because there is a guy on Maxima.org with a turbo SHO…just bustin u r balls…looks good

the white one with the turbo kit that looks ugly as hell ?

if thats the one your talking about, it has a manual trans

the auto trannies are HUGE, and thats why the turbo kits for the sho’s are only made for the MTX cars, no ATX turbo kits are produced

there is so little room under the car that one of the exhaust pipes will have to be removed to pull the oil filter during oil changes

technical question: is that really the most practical place for the turblo…i know for Maximas…now i am just going off the FWD V-6 Similaries here…most people relocate the battery and mount the turbo there…is taht a possbility for the SHO…i dont know where the battery…i know the intake plenum takes up lots of room…thats y i ask

the battery is just above where the turbo currently is , along with the coolant tank, the windshield washer tank WAS there, but extended down to far and would have melted

the other options were:

1. behind the engine in the “transmission hump” but without floor modifications, the turbo would have hung down lower then the oil pans. this would have also left us with no way to supply filtered air to the turbo w/o moving a ton of wiring from above the “bell housing” on the trans, and would have also used a lot of tubing to zigzag the FMIC supply tube past a hot manifold, down the pass side frame, and to the front of the car

2. on top of the pass side frame rail where the stock air box was. this left us no place to run the 3" exhaust , and the FMIC-> throttle body pipe would have has to pass by the hot turbo housing

locating it where it is allows

a) relatively easy supply of exhaust to the turbo
b) relatively easy routing of the 3" exhaust somewhat close to the stock front cat location (under the oil pan)
c) a foot long compressor -> fmic supply tube
d) easy location of the waste gate in the same space as the turbo
e) easy venting of hot air from around the turbo AWAY from the engine compartment thru the wheel shield
f) totally stealth technology … nothing turbo related is visible w/o bending over

please take pics threw the whole process. HOTT :tup:

or you just get an oil filter relocation kit.

^^^ and put it where ? :rofl:

the pipe under the filter has to be a seperate piece anyways realy, in order to have the room to access the front manifold bolts, and also to install the front 02 sensor. were just gonna make it extra easy to remove the pipe, as it will have to be pulled every 3k miles to access the filter

That’s awesome! Can’t wait to see it complete. I know what you guys mean about the size of the ATX in these cars, it’s Fucillo HUGE!!! And it weighs nearly 200lbs…

Looks like Buffalo has some pioneers when it comes to modding SHO’s. I was one of the first to have done the MTX swap into my car while keeping nearly all the ATX engine components:)

How much time/work are you guys thinking you have left???

Looking good, sounds like a fun one.

I happen to know that silver duct tape lets go ~12-13 psi

work left:

• compressor -> fmic pipe (silicone 90* + 2 simple bends)
  • have BOV flange welded to pipe (SS on SS)
  • fab wastegate pipes (2 “s” curves)
  • fab wastegate flanges
  • Install SS flex pipe
  • fab almost all the pre-tubo exhaust pipe
  • 3" exhaust from crank pully -> rear axle
  • purchase new injectors, or make current ones fit (bore injector holes W/O removing head)
  • install wideband
  • swap intake
  • filter -> maf -> turbo intake pipe
  • repair rust holes in lower rad support (poor condeser brack design = rust holes)
  • front caliper swap
  • all oil, vac and water lines
  • heat wrap a ton of pipe
  • fab metal wheels sheilds for each side (louvered on pass side
  • purchase, modify, heat wrap & install a metal pot over the turbine housing, otherwise we might cook the battery & coolant bottle
  • other stuf i cant think of right now, lol

That’s actually where you are mounting the turbo? I mean I applaud anyone doing this type of work… but if those had been my options (for mounting positions) I probably would’ve done something else.

I say the first pull above 5500 and she will blow up, oh wait that turbo wont even be spooled by then.

:tup: keep going, but finish my flanges HRK lol. mine has been waiting in the corner with the dunce hat too long :rofl:

being uninformed > you

:lol: i bet you can’t fin another way to make it all work to my demanding expactations

I say the first pull above 5500 and she will blow up, oh wait that turbo wont even be spooled by then.

i bet you i have full boost before 4K :slight_smile:

ok i’ll post one more

http://www.sonikempire.com/gallery/albums/turboSHO/normal_IMG_1276.jpg

very nice :tup: