second fastest 1/4 mile SHO is a ATX!

That is right boys and girls your looking at the guy that owns the second fatest boosted doccumented quarter mile SHO. the car got a lot of attention at the track.

my first 4 runs were
13.622@105.14
13.472 @105.22
13.547 @104.73

then i rembered that i bought a exhaust cutout for a reason. So me and nick (hotrodkid) jacked the car up and pulled the cutout. Then nick turns to me and said lets pull the filter so the turbo can breath better, (i wasn’t leaving without a 12 second pass) then i though we can’t pull the filter because my slicks are going to throw rocks in the intake. Nick said no no no the bumper is comming off. open turbo. So we did and about 5 min later we are in the staging lanes, and I have a crowd around my car asking questions and shaking my hand and what not. the turbo is VERY LOUD WITH NO FILTER :evilgrin:

anyway so my next 2 runs.

13.164 @104.45 2.150 60’
13.086 @107.93 2.121 60’

then nick got his wish. he kept bugging me the whole time we were there. common 17psi 17psi… you would be in the 12’s with 17psi common just a little more boost. he is like a fricking crack adiction common just a little more it will be good:laugh_ti:

so he got his wish and we threw my manual boost controller in and went on th back road to test it out. Bam 15psi and a misfire so we turned the knob a bit and we were about 12psi-12.5 somewhere in that range so we went from 9.5 to 12-12.5. So to recap we removed my exhaust cutout and pulled the bumper so the turbo has a open intake and now we have raised the boost.

my next 2 runs

13.057 @108.26 2.162 60’

so now i’m really excited because i know that the car has a 12 second pass in it! There was 3 or 4 people around my car and we were discussing times, and i said damn if i took a good crap before that last run i would have had it! :laugh_ti: I blame that massive bee that slammed into my turbo for slowing me down (big mess for a bee)

For my next and final run I only had about 3 min to cool down the tranny which made me a bit nervous, and to make matters worse I have to leave the car running to cool the tranny with the massive fan/cooler so the engine was a bit on the hot side as well, but it didn’t seem to be upset at all. All of my past runs i started at 180deg on the tranny and i finish the run at a bit over 210deg which isn’t bad but my last run I started at 200deg.

so I am pulling up to the water box and i signal the guy to spray some water down so i can heat the tires without fear of wheel hop. I pull in the water box, and there are a couple groups of people to my left behind the fence that aparently havent seen the car previously. They were poking fun at the car. “look at that POS it doesn’t even have a bumper” “why would you race a taurus” then I brake boost so i can actually spin the slicks 2, 3, 4 ,5 psi bam i let off the brake the tach instantly goes to 7K so i let it spin for a second and the car hooked!! with a ear piercing scrEEEECH!! so i jumped on the brake and almost flew past the staging lights. I hear those guys at the fence “oh fu@K” and “holly sh!T” which of course put a smile on my face :biggrin: . so now i’m at the tree and i’m staged so I brake boost while the other guy staged. All day it would only make 4psi when brake boosting but i didn’t make a run back to back like this before, so the boost went 1,2,3,5,8,12,14 and the car started creeping forward so i let of to half throttle and launched at 6psi NO WHEELSPIN!!! it hook and the run felt fast.

12.957@ 108.36 2.107 60’

watch out shonut i’m on your heals

Forced Induction (supercharged/turbocharged with or without nitrous)

1.12.93@113.00 Josh Teixeira/shonut (S/C) MTX
2.13.1@122 TexanTony (S/C & 75 shot) MTX
3.13.108@107.750 J. Prine '90(T/C)MTX
4.13.281@114.07 Pat McGrath/PanamaPat '90 (S/C) MTX 5800 ft(!)
5.13.62@108.84 Fred Hurder Jr/YamahaV6 '91 (S/C) MTX
6.14.9@?? RevereSHO (S/C MTX 6 psi)
7.15.0@110 SHOMurph (S/C) MTX

not to be a dick but how did u reel in a 11sec camaro if u barely broke into the 12s. but still good times for that heavy of a car man.

congrads.
I was reading mid 13’s wtf, hydosteams SHO was faster then that. shoudl be a good race with I3oostedGP

oops my mistake he ran a 12.751 @106 1.793 60’ my run was a 13.6@108 2.238 60’

edited to remove that stupid statement*

Nice times congrats :tup:

Figured it would trap higher though…with all the cars you were running down.

Ahaha, about friggin time you got some times congrats your almost there. :tup:

Just get some real drag slicks and you’ll be there.

I don’t think the car is quite as brutal as it was last year. maybe my engine is wearing down :cry: but last year i ran a 13.8 @108 2.60 60’. the car just bogged off the line and still trapped the same as this year. the only thing i can think is that lastr year i had street tires all around and this year I had low PSI slicks in the front and azenis in the rear. I know on that last run i could have launched a lot harder and probably had a raelly low 2.X 60’ but that was the only run i did a decent burnout on. I try to avoid them as much as possible

hopefuly next year i can build a stroker motor and actually go fast.

:headbang: Nice work guys…that’s moving pretty good for a car that has no business being at a drag strip:)

:tspry: :tspry:

:tup:

So are you the Fastest AT SHO then?

no shit. a 12sec sho with 230k miles… thats :bloated:

now get home so I can buff her

:tup: COngrats Alex! I knew there would be a 12 sec SHO around here soon. Don’t blow that thing up before we get to throw down.

You try running more air in the fronts?

I think i let way too much air out of the tires. i was running 30psi and it was ok then i let more out down to 20 and that was too low for sure but it didn’t spin at all launching at half boost. with more practice and more air int he fronts I could definately get a few more mph out of it… and 15psi

:tup:

nice job

damn alex thats sick. keep at it. maybe this year i can actually get my car to a point im comfortable taking to the track for some times of my own.

Well I figured you would cut better 60`s being a auto…and if your not getting any wheel spin you might be bogging the car out with slicks at to little PSI…

Best I managed on Nitto555R’s at NYI so far this year was a 1.9 That was without much of a burnout (parking brake isnt holding the car) Im guessin that after more people get down the track and leave some rubber…it’ll get stickier…I hope.

Nice :tup: my car runs the same ET,8mph less trap though.

lol @ the 2nd guy on the list you posted,TexanTony needs slicks BADLY.