SHO powered camaro

I picked up my 95 Z28 from PMP last night and I am very happy with the fit and finish of the cage and connectors I had installed. Now that the car is back in my care I will be yanking the engine back out to cut out the wiper cowl for clearance for the tall intake. The list of things to do to get this rolling is not extensive.

install 255lph fuel pump
install FPR and run fuel lines to engine
complete transmission adapter plate
order high stall torque converter
have drive shaft modified
install 6 port nitrous setup into heads.
install fresh 3.0
reinstall body wiring harness
purchase and install gauges

I am pumped! I would like to drive this whore before summer is done

So let me get this right…you’re taking a camaro, which came from the factory with a proven V8 that can get the job done and then some…and, taking that motor out, and putting in one that was never meant to go in there, that makes less power, has fewer cylinders/less displacement, and comes from a Ford back in their “Found On Roadside Dead” era?

Awesome…

this has to be a joke…

:io:

Eh, at least it’s better than a Taurus.

If you do the swap and it runs 10’s :tup:

If you do the swap and it runs 12s or 11s :tif: seems like a lot of craziness to do something outside of the box and not go that fast.

Its no joke, I saw it at PMP

I thought cars being at PMP was a joke :mamoru:

It is a joke…he’s really doing it, but it’s still a joke lol.

What’s the point of being obsessed with SHO’s when you’re not even going to be rocking one any more?

Or why not just stop with this madness and save up for the brand new SHO coming out that actually looks like it will be a decent car?

You could just spray the LT1…

Much worse

If that was the other option go SHO motor

Speechless

If this were a Facebook status…NOBODY would click “like.”

The good part about the SHO was the Yamaha motor so this is interesting.

Something like an MR2 or Miata would be a way cooler place to stuff that motor though.

A fox mustang would have been a much better platform…weighs less and a much better rear end from the factory.

You summed it up pretty well, Im not going to rant. :meh:

Agreed x100000. Then a Twin turbo v6 would have been saweeeet. Then its a ford on ford type of deal and not a fml abomination.

I like the idea. Go for it man!

I can’t see why everybody else is so against it. Who fucking cares. I am all for a bastard project of any kind as long as it’s done right.

It’d be like dropping a turbo Honda 1.6 SOHC into a FWD TSI. I mean, sure it might be more reliable, but what’s the point?

I heard him say this camaro was a v6 car before he hacked it up for this …project