1 Shallow 10" subwoofer

Need a shallow sub, don’t have a lot of room. My friend suggested I look for Rockford p1s, JL Audio’s shallow mount sub, (don’t know the name) Elemental Designs, etc.

Anyone have anything for sale, these or others? or any feedback on whats listed? thanks

Have you looked into the Alpine PLT-5 or PLT-7? They are a discontinued model so you have to find them used.

the p1’s are complete junk i have a kicker shallow mount 12" brand new in a kicker shallow mount box $100 they go for $200

will it fit in a 17" wheel? I’m trying to save trunk space

I’ve always heard that pretty much all shallow subs play like the next smaller size ie- 12"s sounds like 10"s, etc. So if you’re looking for 10" sound I’d go with a 12"

just my $0.02

incidentally I have a bose shallow 12" out of a 99 Caddy STS but it’s 0.6 ohm so probably not what you’re looking for

Earthquake makes shallows and I think Blau still does

It has to fit in a 17" wheel (spare tire)

What is it going in? I first had a single 10" sub in my ski-port facing the trunk and now I have a square 10" facing into the cabin on my E36. I hate losing trunk space.

e30 with e36 m susp/brakes so I need 16" 5x120 wheels. I have an L7 solobaric 10" but I doubt it would fit in my spare tire (making a sub enclosure inside the spare tire)

I have my stock wheels, only one has decent rubber, I can’t use them since I changed my bolt pattern. I’ll give them to you for $50. Only problem is I painted 2 of them black.

I don’t think those will clear my brakes (m3). they’re 15’s, correct?

what did you change your bolt pattern to?

RSX’s have a sub in the spare tire well… might wanna look towards that avenue. maybe see what people replace those with, or even use an oem one.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=rsx+bose+sub&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=rsx+sub&_osacat=0

we have them at rainbow dre …stop by

I dont know how much your looking to spend or how loud and crisp you want it to sound. If your like me your gonna want the loudest cleanest sounding sub that will still fit in that spot. I would highly recomend the JL Audio 13TW5. Its a 13.5 inch sub that has a mounting depth of 3.5 in. And the overall diameter is only 14in. I have experience with these subs and they are incredible. PM me if you want more details. I do this stuff for a living.

I can’t vouch whether they will clear M3 brakes but they are 16’s. I changed my bolt pattern to 4.5" so I could fit my SSR’s and some cheapo meshies for the winter(see avatar). I have some 15" bottle caps I need to get rid of too but the tires are mine.

would you sell just one? if they’re 16’s they maaay fit. how wide are they and what size tire is on there?

I won’t sell just one. If you need to use it just to test fit, no problem.

ok, i’ll buy the set if I can test fit. hmm, coming to Buffalo any time soon? heh

I have 2 brand new 8" pioneer slim woofers. Check them out on pioneers website. Had one under the driver an one under the passenger seat. When they are 1" away from you, they bump hard!

120rms at 4 ohms

Pioneer Premier 8" Shallow Mount Subwoofer - TSSW841D

if you’re interested, shoot me a pm

I have a Rockford P1 for sale, brand new in box, never used. They are NOT complete shit as described above. I have 3 in a Mustang and they hit hard with the amp (T1000.1) all the way down just about. I am in your neighborhood so PM me if interested.

it should fit if you ditch the box it comes in you can test fit it when ever you want. just pm me

^^^ps i have delt with many problems with the p1s they are not manufactured well at all and have a really shallow empty sound especially with only 1 in a small box!