10/21 FLR RallyCross

http://static.flickr.com/115/265444735_7e31bceeab_m.jpg
Weeeeeee!

If you haven’t done RallyCross before, I suggest trying it out! A chance to break in the winter beaters…

The usual time and location (Leicester). I’ll be on Hakkas this time so I don’t care if it’s muddy :smiley:

9:00 - 10:00 AM Registration and Inspection; Course Walk
10:45 AM Drivers Meeting
11:00 AM First Car Off
4:00 PM Start of Last Run
5:00 PM (approx) End of Competition
5:15 - ? PM Gathering in Garage and Posting of Scores

SCCA members $35, guests $45

http://www.flr-scca.com/rally/2006/rallycross/event_info.html#general

Fun, but certainly not worth $50.

Sounds interesting, would I fuck up my car or is the surface not that harsh. I could toss the winter wheels on and go have some fun.

You’d fuck up your car.

How low is your car? There aren’t really rocks or anything, but it does get bumpy in places. The whole course is basically on the side of a slope, we run the course one way in the morning and the opposite way in the afternoon. At the last event there was a little “bump” that turned into a bigger “jump” when we turned around after lunch. :uhh: It will depend on the weather and the condition of the course.

One of these days i’ll do it :slight_smile:

Jump? From what I recall the jump was regraded to a dip, certainly no air time on it.

it was on the far side of the course, bottom of the double loop, bottom of the hill. going up the hill it was just a bump, coming down the hill it was more extreme. not sure if that’s an intentional part of the course or not. probably not. course maintenance is in a couple weeks.

Mark, there’s only one more event this fall after this one…

I have definitely gotten air at the rally x. a few events ago there was a guy up on 2 wheels about to roll. Its damn rough if you drive hard.

Once all this NYIRP prep / racing is over, i’ll be more available. Prepping the car for a respectable time is taking everything i got!

november 4. it’s after NYIRP closes, so no more excuses from you!!

Works for me :slight_smile:

And wow marnie, I didnt realize how riced our your civic is. I mean really, you with your… stock looking body and really useful, really expensive suspension. How dare you do those mods! You should bury the car!

Hahaha, if I ever meet that guy, i’ll put him in a headlock for ya!

–mark

Won’t be making it to this one maybe the nov 4th one, but I finally won the war against my stupid tie rod on the bmw so hopefully progress becomes alot faster.

This has been rescheduled for next week, due to mud.

Due to mud, thats a phrase you dont hear all too often.

–mark

Isn’t a rally supposed to be muddy? Unless you just dont wanna tear the course apart w/ rutting n stuff…

Bingo! Plus some of the guys in charge run 2wd. They have no scooby love. I can’t blame them for delaying the event, i mean it is someones yard. Ruts can get pretty deep after 20 cars do 10 runs each.

i REALLY wanna find a cheap scooby for winter and rally.

Join buffaloscooby.com theres always someone looking to sell. We don’t drive our rally car on the street but it has well over 200k on the odometer and runs like a top. It amazes me every time we start it how smooth it runs. I doubt you will find one as cheap as we got ours but they are all pretty much well built cars.

DISREGARD, it’s ben rescheduled for November 11. So the last two events of 2006 will be November 4 and November 11.

Join buffaloscooby.com theres always someone looking to sell.
word, that’s where I found mine.