10/8 Autocross: FLR Mirrorkhana at Xerox

Last chance for the season. Regular competition is over for the Finger Lakes Region, but the final event will be this coming Sunday. It will be a different format than a regular solo event, where 2 cars compete against each other on course at the same time. Proceeds go to charity, and if you want to register you have to email Alan. 20 spots open as of last night. Go here for details:
http://www.flr-scca.com/solo/mirrorkhana.html

this might not be the best event for first-time novices, but it should be great for spectators :tup:

It is really fun to watch and root for your favorite driver. It is also even more fun to run. Don’t let the setup discourage you - you are guaranteed 2 runs, but even when my civic was a stock POS, I got 4 runs. I would do it again this year, but I’ll be out of town :frowning:
:tup: for head to head racing

…already signed up and going

And there are a ton of ‘grudge match’ fun runs afterwards since the tournement part ends quickly, so you will get lots of runs win lose or draw. BTW, the best way to get the most competition runs is to lose your first round, then work your way up the loser’s bracket :slight_smile:

word, that will be my “strategy” :tup:

You’d be suprised at how things can work out. An off course or a spin by your opponent and your on to the next round. I know last year, Jason Gassman managed to spin and still win one of his matchups :slight_smile: Then again you can get a shitty draw and go out in two (like me :slight_smile: )

shitty draw = SM civic on 185/70/13 rock hard yoko’s vs HS Legacy, in the rain… (300 ft head start)

ouch! :lol:

How about SM2 944, open diff, street tires (a few years ago) vs Alan in the neon who had a 450ft head start…

still time to sign up :tup:

I’m going to be out of town, and the car is on jackstands. So, no.

I just meant in general, not at you specifically