4-29-07 - FLR SCCA Auto-X @ RIT

Might as well make a new post since it’s coming up quick.

Whose planning on going?

I might be going, depends on what this weekend looks like. Anyone from the southtowns going? I would cruise out 20A to 77N to the Thruway.

Also, I’ve never been to a FLR event. What time should I be there, and how late would it run 'til?

http://www.flr-scca.com/solo/schedule.html

The schedule of the day is there, along with cost, and the links to pre-reg.

if i buy something for my car ill go, if not it’ll be a disappointment :frowning:

Cooley, if you would’ve have rubber this past sunday you would’ve been a good 5-10 seconds faster I bet.

Any luck on finding any tires?

I would recomend getting there early too since parking space can be tough to come by at RIT, especially at the 1st event.

And rushman and myself will be there in the Type R, whether or not we’ll have the fancy shocks on by then is another question, but we’ll see.

I’m there :tup:

i debating, i know i need good summer tires, but i kind of want summer rims too, so i wanna wait

gotta work again but I might wanna go for the tnt

i just checked the weather for rochester on sunday, 62 and partly cloudy, but its supposed to rain the days before(30%chance), meh ill be running 3 NHS in the beetle :slight_smile:

Don’t wait for tires or parts (unless your car isn’t running or safe). Get your ass out there. who cares if you are slow, its just as fun (ask anyone who went Sunday). The hardest part about autocrossing is getting out to your first event. once you make it to one, its easy.

I dont’ think my car will be fixed by then but i did pre reg since they always say it is easier that way :slight_smile:

I blew a lower coolant hose last night.

honestly slower cars are more fun and a hell of a lot easier to learn on. I wish i could go to a slower car to learn on but… once you feal it you can’t go backwards.

fix that stuff!! I’ll cruise there with ya if I dont have to work

I’ll probably be there, but still looking for the right car to drive. Anyone looking for a personal instructor?

Might stop by - but I’m working that day. :frowning:

I’ll be there on snow tires…or driving my roomates car. Anyone want to lend me some 5x100 wheels and tires?

I plan on going. Am I too late to pre-reg?

prereg might be closed by now, but you can still just show up and register in person

my car is running 50x better than last week…

For anyone coming out to FLR event #1 make sure and get there early enough for a couple of extra course walks. The course is a tester, with lots of places to hang yourself.

George M (AS 91)

I’m so excited… glad I got some test n tune time in today on dmoffitts Z. Hopefully it was enough to make my runs competitive tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

does anyone have a laptop they can bring ? i need to make some last minute changes to the turbo SHO

and if anyone has a still camera they want to bring, ill be available all day to take pics from the sidelines